Baby Showers in the US?

MrsMay

Hi All,

I need some advice from our lovely US residents!!

Very recently a friend of mine moved from Australia to the US and she has been asked by people her partner works with whether she has a registry and to let them know the details so that they can organise a baby shower for her.

In Australia we dont normally use registries, so I thought I would ask you ladies - is this the norm in the US?

Any feedback about what you have experienced or know about baby showers in the US would be greatly appreciated
smiles.gif

Thank you!

pdtb050606

Yes, registries are pretty much the norm. Most of the time it is put on the invite so people can shop off that registry and see what the mom to be needs.

Makeup Emporium

It's the norm here in Canada as well. Makes it much easier for those attending to know what to get. If it's on the list she wants it...I LOVE registries. Takes the guesswork out of getting the gift!

paperfishies

I'm in the US, 30 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child...It's very much the norm here. The expecting mother goes to the dept store of her choice and scans the things she will need/want for her child.

When invites for the shower are sent out there is usually a mention that the mom to be is registered at certain places.

It makes it SUPER easy to shop for the mom and that way the mother won't get tons of stuff she doesn't want or need. It also lessens the chance of the mother getting duplicate gifts that she would have to return.