Back 2 MAC & Colour Ready Haul

sheznolady

Since I prefer vivid eyes, I always wear a nude lip. When I wear a lippie of color, I feel...well...uncomfortable and overdone. (This may very well be rooted in my childhood where "Red is the DEVIL'S color" was frequently reiterated. But I digress...
girl_devil.gif
)

So, after a MACtime of wearing Bronx (would still be had it not been d/c
angry.gif
), Fresh Brew, and Velvet Teddy, I decided to use my B2M to step-up my lip game.

B2M
Viva Glam II: Muted pink-beige (Satin)
Honey Love: Light beige toned with rose (Matte)
Ravishing: Clean light peachy coral (Cremesheen)

Ok, Ok, I know what you're thinking ("She didn't add one bit of color! Just more of the same!), but you've gotta give me some love on Ravishing. LOL.

Colour Ready
Prep+Prime Skin Refined Zone

This product made the skin in my t-zone appear cadavor-like, despite the regular P+P applied over it.

Lip Pencil
Strip Down: Creamy brown-beige (since I am an NW40, this color makes my nude lips look even nuder, and plumper!)

E/S
Brun:Muted blackish-brown (Satin)
Soft Brown:Soft golden peachy-brown (Matte)
Bisque: Soft muted pinky-beige (Matte)
Samoa Silk: Polynesian peach (Veluxe)

Paint Pot
Soft Ochre
Quite Natural
Bare Study

My Cheatin' Heart (Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place ShadowCreme)

Lilac Petals

As much as I hated to cheat on MAC, I could not resist this EL "paint pot." Going back to get the LE Sea Mist and LE Golden Apricot, too.

sheznolady

Lushious...thanks...plan to.

Tish, agreed!

When I'm not concerned whether the receipt is wrinkled or stained-up, it's a good buy.

GlamQueen21

Nice stuff!! I have the Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone and I love it! You should also get the Transparent Finishing Powder!

sheznolady

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Nice stuff!! I have the Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone and I love it! You should also get the Transparent Finishing Powder!

Glam,

Tried the TFP, but it gave me a cake flour finish. And I was so excited about both it and the P+P SRZ. Wha-happen?
hmm.gif

I' glad you're happy with yours, though!!
mac_haul.gif

sheznolady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenna23
how is the consistence with the EL paint pot? how do you like the color payoff.

Kenna,

I've worn Lilac Petals beneath Beautiful Iris (e/s), which delivered a vivid, smooth payoff when e/s is packed on with the 252 brush.

The reason I've fallen so deeply in love with this product is because I have been praying for more colorful MAC paint pots. I used to use Mauvism (MAC paint) beneath my purply e/s, but the silver in it was overwhelming beneath shades like Purple Haze, which I wear in the crease along with Beautiful Iris on the lid and Mancatcher e/s (inner v).

EL is very smooth and light, therefore I must build it a bit more than is necesary with MAC pp - followed by a swift application of shadow due to its powdery texture when dry. Since it's marketed as shadow, per se, this is to be expected, rather than a true paint pot, which is expected to stay moist a bit longer.

But, honey, I DON'T CARE!! I'm going to snatch-up Golden Apricot and Sea Mist as well.

As luck would have it, both are LE.