BACK2MAC no longer accepting depots?

janineios

So a few days ago I B2M'd some empty blush containers I had depotted at my nearest MAC store. Today, I B2M'd more of them at a different MAC store and I was told that they are no longer accepting depots. When I told the MUA that I had just done the same at another store she said it was a new policy. She accepted my items "as a courtesy" but said next time I wouldn't be able to do so. Has anyone heard of this happening company-wide, or was she just being a snob?

Yazmin

I haven't heard this, but then again I haven't B2M'd anything in a while. I will ask at my Pro store when I go in on Friday.

I just went on the 1st (Free standing store) and I was able to get a B2M product. I even called ahead to make sure they would take my containers that were alittle burned. I left it on the iron a bit long. Call before you go and talk to the Manager. Make sure you get their name so if their are any questions, you can say that you talked to them. I think the chick was just being a jerk, no offense.

janineios

I just went on the 1st (Free standing store) and I was able to get a B2M product. I even called ahead to make sure they would take my containers that were alittle burned. I left it on the iron a bit long. Call before you go and talk to the Manager. Make sure you get their name so if their are any questions, you can say that you talked to them. I think the chick was just being a jerk, no offense.  
I think the same. I mean if I just did it literally two days ago, it seems like she just didn't want to accept my stuff for whatever reason. Lesson learned: go to the closer MAC store with the nicer employees. -_-

Oh for sure. For some reason or the other they don't want to deal with it. I see it as this: It doesn't come out of their own pocket, its a company practice and the customer (you) are able to be a better person by reclying them and not just throwing them away. Why would they have a problem with it, when literally, it doesn't even involve them. They just need to complete the transaction. Ya know? But yea, def find nicer employees. You will leave happy and content.

janineios

Oh for sure. For some reason or the other they don't want to deal with it. I see it as this: It doesn't come out of their own pocket, its a company practice and the customer (you) are able to be a better person by reclying them and not just throwing them away. Why would they have a problem with it, when literally, it doesn't even involve them. They just need to complete the transaction. Ya know? But yea, def find nicer employees. You will leave happy and content.  
EXACTLY. And plus, the metal pan doesn't get recycled. They throw that away and recycle the plastic.

alyxo

Some stores will take it back while others don't. It's weird to me. It defeats the purpose of the whole program.