Bah! Waking up to wrinkles ~ a vent of sorts

ri0tdorque

I've been taking care of my face. Night cream lotion stuff, morning cleansing, toning, lotion, then primer if I'm applying foundation and whatnot. Stupid Apple Peel mask thing that makes my face red afterwards but once the red goes down it's ssoooooo smooth and all that jazz.

Imagine you wake up, look in the mirror and notice that there is a wrinkle under each eye where normally I just have baggy eyes from well morning baggy eyes. I looked, then went into another bathroom to invistigate and sure enough they were real. I have no clue why but I'm just really annoyed about this I hate wrinkles and I could deal with the little ones under the eye because I am 31 and it sucks but that's life - stupid life I don't wanna get wrinkles
ssad.gif
I do eye cream and all that fun stuff I for some reason am just so annoyed right now.

I needed to vent sorry if this is in the wrong section.

*pouts*

ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

MACLovin

Maybe it was just the way you slept? Like with your face smooshed into the pillow or something.. I've started using satin pillowcases because they don't catch on your hair or skin as much, they are a lot smoother and also don't absorb the oils from your skin like cotton does.

A lot of the time it's a temporary thing for me, I'll see some lines in the morning and freak out, but then as soon as I wash my face and do my whole routine the smoothness returns.
smiles.gif

I'd definitely try a satin pillow case though, you won't regret it!

edit: also, maybe try using a soothing/de-puffing eye gel instead of a cream, that might help

X4biddenxLustX

I feel your pain and I'm only 18! I've had these lines under my eyes for years now. So does my little brother whose 13. There is a lot of puffiness and bagginess too in that area as well. I guess it's hereditary for us?

Have you considered trying another eye cream?

anita22

Have you thought about using Retin-A? Do you use a sunscreen?
I totally sympathise.. but everyone gets wrinkles so I'm sure everyone else understands too (or will sooner or later!)

Humanoid

aye, I too have this and I'm 21. I'm currently using bodyshop's Vitamin E eye cream and so far it isn't really helpin' I guess I'll have to prowl around more for some different eye treatments till I get one suitable.

splattergirl

if nothing helps, maybe ask a plastic surgeon for advice? I'd never do any "enhancements" there except if I had to fix something like that providing the prices aren't astronomical of course...

spacegirl2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
Have you thought about using Retin-A? Do you use a sunscreen?
I totally sympathise.. but everyone gets wrinkles so I'm sure everyone else understands too (or will sooner or later!)

i have a script for retin-a and have been told you cannot use it on your eyes.
there are a lot of milder products out there with retinols that you could use, though.