Barbie arriving @Hong Kong? HELP!

JoyC

does anyone know when?! I'll be flyin over in a few days so I'll miss the launch here in Toronto! I am scared that when I am back in 2 and 1/2 weeks, everything will be gone~ especially moth brown!!!!
I am practically biting my nails here! help!

foxyqt

i read somewhere around here that the international release date is March =/

edit the swatch scan on this page says "North America - February 13, 2007/International - March 2007"

oddinary

Yup, I think it's March too! I might ask the MA next week because I don't want to sound too crazy that I know so much about unreleased collections! Haha, I only ask the MA when the collection is avaliable online, so I'm making sense to them!

I'm wondering about the date too, so I'll let you know asap when I find out!

ETA:
Just read on a Singapore forum that their Barbie collection will release in late March as they got Raquel recently only... and between Raquel and Barbie they'll launch the Lightful collection. HK released Raquel earlier, but I assume it won't be long till we get Lightful first then Barbie!

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyC
does anyone know when?! I'll be flyin over in a few days so I'll miss the launch here in Toronto! I am scared that when I am back in 2 and 1/2 weeks, everything will be gone~ especially moth brown!!!!
I am practically biting my nails here! help!

When exactly are you leaving? It's being released on a Tuesday this time, so maybe you can still get it? If you'd like, I can pick up some stuff for you and we can meet up when you get back... only thing is I'm going to HK March 2-17, so there may be the possibility of waiting till I get back... but at least you'll have everything!

stickles

Lightful is already out in Singapore, but yeah Barbie won't be out till March according to the MA I asked today.

JoyC

You guys are such sweetiesssssssss!!! I'll be leaving this comin tuesday actually~ and back in early march~ so I am pretty stuck~ either barbie launch is outta my schedule... but my final decision is I'll be checkin up the specktra swatches and have my boyfriend here in Toronto buy it for me first~

THANK YOU LADIES FOR THE HELP!!! *MUAH MUAH*!

especially BLAHWAH~ that's so sweet of you!

edited: wait~ I thought the launch date is feb 15? if it is feb 12~ maybeeeeee I can make it! teheeeeeeee

BlahWah

^ No problem! I'm quite excited over this collection too, so if I can help why not? I'm hoping Lightful will be in HK when I'm there, actually. I want those pigments! =D

oddinary

Just called - Barbie launches in HK on March 8th
greengrin.gif

Lilah

Wow that's the date my mum arrives there for a holiday! Is MAC that popular in HK? Will it sell out quick do you think?

oddinary

^ Depends on the counter you go to. The one in Causeway Bay usually has the fastest sellouts since its the most accessible on the Island. Otherwise, the Pacific Place and IFC counters are a little slower and usually have more
smiles.gif
The last place to check is the DFS in TST - that store is the slowest I swear - it still has things from the Lure collection!

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddinary
^ Depends on the counter you go to. The one in Causeway Bay usually has the fastest sellouts since its the most accessible on the Island. Otherwise, the Pacific Place and IFC counters are a little slower and usually have more
smiles.gif
The last place to check is the DFS in TST - that store is the slowest I swear - it still has things from the Lure collection!

*scribbling down notes* I'll be staying in TST! I've gotta make sure I get to the hotel before hunting Lightful down.. for my husband's sake, if not mine!

~Crystal~

Not on barbie- but if you want to pick up those pigments from lightful color, don't go to causeway bay! I think I just picked up the last one!

oddinary

^ Really? I just came back from Causewaybay and they are still there - and m'gosh, I looove Ambient but I couldn't justify buying it because Barbie is going to cost me so much, haha.

~Crystal~

I asked again like, half an hour ago and yup they really are all gone! They still have the two bottles left on display and haven't marked them as Sold Out yet though. This is the same for the darker eyeshadow (into the light?)
There's still stock on the other stuff though.

oddinary

^ That's crazy! If I'm correct, it hasn't even 1 week since it's been released! Now you say that I'm getting worried about Barbie -- if it's going to release on the Thursday, I won't be able to go till Friday and I'm afraid the CWB counter will sell out already!! I would need to go to the IFC counter otherwise, haha.

~Crystal~

Yeah... the pigments sold out at sogo in TWO days! I was shocked lol.
Ambient lipgelee sold out yesterday afternoon too >.< argghh dammit! I knew i should've picked that one up when i had the chance!
It came out on the 15th? (I think) that means it has only been out for 4 days! geeezz.. I wish I could be around when barbie is released though
lol.gif

oddinary

^ Honestly, I don't think there are many addicts as there are in HK that follow the collections so closely, but since the counter is in CWB, people can access it so frequently that it means the products go so fast!

Anyway, I just came back from the DFS counter in TST. If anyone checking this thread is interested to know, here's what I saw today:

Raquel Welch (some sell outs)
Mineralize Satinfinish - natural MSFs, didn't see Shimpagne or the foundation though!
Lightful (one eyeshadow is out of stock)
Chromeglass
Lots of LE lip stuff - all 4 lipglasses from Lure, All Woman & Night Affair from Nocturnelle, a few of the Lustre lipsticks from the Lustreful collection, Pink Meringue, Sweetie Cake, Flowerosophy, Truth & Light, Poetique from Untamed... etc
DFS exclusives - 4/5 eye palettes (new palettes, not the traditional rectangle shape, its like square shaped), 3/4 lip palettes, set of 3 clear lipglasses, set of 3 lustreglasses, set of 3 lipgelees, set of 3 MINI LIQUIDLAST LINERS (dark purple one, blue one (blue horizon?) and the black) and some product "packs"

HTH

~Crystal~

Damn.. I only have two days left and now I seriously want to make it to the DFS in TST!! ugh. Would you happen to know how much the DFS exclusives were?
Also- how much was satinfinish?
greengrin.gif
I reaally wanna try that!

oddinary

They were around $300
smiles.gif

Not sure about the satinfinish stuff, though. You mean the natural MSFs or the liquid foundation? They didn't have the liquid.
Don't quote me on these prices, I think you'll get a better response if you called up the counter and asked, hehe.