Barbie back ups?

joey_zane

Just out of curiosity... what back ups did everyone go for? My local counter still has half of the collection in stock (not sure which products though, I REALLY didn't want to ask for my bank balance's sake!!) and I'm considering popping back in tomorrow to get another Pearl Blossom and possibly others... also going to look at Pearl Sunshine as I ingnored in the first time around =)

styrch

Oddly, if I had the opportunity, I'd back up the Toast of the Town polish. I found it to be very unique and totally worth it. I have so many polishes and none of them compre quite with the complexity of this one. I'd use it more often if I had a back up too.

Other than that, I'd considder backing up Playful. I wasn't expecting to like this shadow but it really is quite beautiful.

*ponders doing a lunchtime run to the Macy's counter across the street*

joey_zane

Quote:
Originally Posted by styrch
Oddly, if I had the opportunity, I'd back up the Toast of the Town polish. I found it to be very unique and totally worth it. I have so many polishes and none of them compre quite with the complexity of this one. I'd use it more often if I had a back up too.

Oh tell me about it! I didn't buy it in my first Barbie haul... but then sent my friend who works in town in to get one for me that afternoon! I'm wearing it now and have to say it's awesome and doesn't seem to have had enough respect!!

PerfectMistake

I don't normally do back-ups. If I did I would have done it in Springtime Skipper and Playful. Those are soooo pretty
smiles.gif

styrch

Quote:
Oh tell me about it! I didn't buy it in my first Barbie haul... but then sent my friend who works in town in to get one for me that afternoon! I'm wearing it now and have to say it's awesome and doesn't seem to have had enough respect!!

I loved it so much I even sent Mac a nice little "thank you" note over their website feedback email thing telling them that they'd really out-done themselves on this polish (and, btw, not only is the color really complex and beautiful but it has better staying power than most of my OPIs). I got a canned response email back saying that they "couldn't take my suggestion" etc. which was really strange because I didn't think the response fit what I had wrote at all. Hmmm.

Personally, I think it was the word "brown" attached to it that had a lot of people skeptical. In truth, that's not even the main color I see when I wear it.

Anyway, if anyone can still get it... GET IT!!!
cheerleader.gif

dreamqueen

I got a back up of "don't be shy". I have been using this non stop! I also got a back up of "moth brown" as I had one already so the barbie one is a back up.

tiramisu

playful, springtime skipper, moth brown.
The first two, so pretty and I didn't want one of those "searching for something remotely similar and never finding it" moments and moth brown because it is so great on my skin tone/eye coloring... and I missed it the first time around.

Ms. Z

I got a backup of only the Fashion Pack l/g; I would like one of the e/s Playful, but I'm broke
weeping.gif

Mixxi

The only two things I bought from Barbie I want backups of now! I bought Springtime Skipper e/s and Mothbrown e/s and they're gorgeous.. I'm afraid to use them!

AudreyNicole

I got 85% of the collection, and I already got backups of Whistle and Moth Brown. If I can find another, I want to get a back up of Playful. I have been wearing those 3 shadows together 3-4 times a week since I got them. I really like Beautyburst too, though, and would consider a BU of that one. While I love everything else I got too, I would probably only BU the eyeshadows since I use them most
smiles.gif

shootergirlnc

I got backups of both the BP's, springtime skipper, moth brown, magic dust, fashion pack l/g and malibu barbie l/g. If I could get more malibu barbie l/g's, I soooo would! It's the perfect pink on me!!

tadzio79

I don't do backups, since I haven't hit the pan on anything ever, lol!
I would have loved to have tried out the beauty powders though, I was concentrating on e/s when I was at the counter, and didn't really give them a second look.

Nikki0211

I got backups of Springtime Skipper, Playful, and Rocking Chick. I am wondering if I should get another Moth Brown and possibly a couple Malibu Barbie's if I could find them. I also like Sweet & Single with Happening Gal...okay, now I'm just wanting the whole collection over again.
th_rolleye0014.gif
I need to stop thinking about it. lol

mistella

I got backups of Real Doll lipstick, Pearl Sunshine beauty powder and Fab blush; I love this blush!!!!

asnbrb

I have backups of Rocking Chick (since I missed out on FF and was frantically searching until this came out) and Happening Gal. Those two together- my MA friend saw it on me and was all "Wow."

divaster

I got 2 backups of Moth Brown, a backup of Sweet & Single l/s and I'm considering a backup of Real Doll. Oops I forgot I also got a backup of Pearl Blossom, though now I kind of wish I'd gotten a backup of Pearl Sunshine instead. I didn't think I'd like that better than PB!!

SMMY

I only got a back up of Moth Brown, but if they do get more in stock, I'm getting Pearl Sunshine BP, Playful and pick up both of the blushes I missed the first time around.