Barbie collection dupes...

Katgirl625

Sounds like a lot of the Barbie collection is a dupe for items that are already in the regular line. Thought it might be helpful to make list for folks...offhand:

Springtime Skipper e/s - looks a lot like Juxt e/s, it's only slightly darker, and juxt has just a hint more yellow base; swatched side by side, I didn't find a big difference

Playful e/s - looks like something else (LoveBud?) but I can't remember the name

Sweetness l/g - looks an awful lot like Pretty Plush plushglass. I know it's not exactly the same, but I think the same effect could also be achieved with Morning Glory Lustreglass.

Please add your dupes!

Chic 2k6

thank you! i was debating whether i should get Springtime Skipper, i already have Juxt and i sure didnt need an e/s similar to Juxt

AudreyNicole

Springtime Skipper is almost a dead on dupe for With a Twist, the green shadow in the Intense eyes palette.

Fashionpack Lipglass is similar to Purr Lipglass.

Malibu Barbie Lipglass is very similar to Sweetiecake Lipglass.

BlahWah

Yeah, Springtime Skipper looks like a mix of Golder's Green and Golden Olive, both of which I used to reason myself out of the Intense Eyes palette... but SS just seems to keep calling me... I'll be bringing my piggie samples to check out dupage. I can't afford all I want so far!

Katgirl625

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Yeah, Springtime Skipper looks like a mix of Golder's Green and Golden Olive, both of which I used to reason myself out of the Intense Eyes palette... but SS just seems to keep calling me... I'll be bringing my piggie samples to check out dupage. I can't afford all I want so far!

I just love the term "dupage"
rofl.gif
thmbup.gif
cutey.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:

I couldn't get any decent pictures, but it is different enough from Golden Olive and Golders Green to get IMO. I couldn't believe how close it was to the one in the Intense Eyes palette though!

neeshie

does anyone have a comparison with ss, golders green and juxt...barbie doesn't make it here till march and culling my list now would probably be a good idea.

CaptainMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeshie
does anyone have a comparison with ss, golders green and juxt...barbie doesn't make it here till march and culling my list now would probably be a good idea.

okay, here goes. Mods, move this if you feel it should be in the swatch section. These aren't the best--the green was hard to show up on my arm. Flash washed them out so none of these pics are with flash.

From left to right: Lucky Green, Juxt, Springtime Skipper
cimg0138gm7.jpg

Springtime Skipper with various greens and golds
cimg0141iw3.jpg

From left to right: Golden Olive pigment, Golder's Green pigment, Springtime Skipper, Juxt, Lucky Green
cimg0155wp7.jpg

cimg0159vo8.jpg

BlahWah

Bugger! I don't have Juxt, and SS has just slightly less gold sheen than Juxt, and is a bit more limey... I'll try to be skeptical at my makeover tomorrow. XP

I'm wondering, tho, if Playful is similar to Budding Beauty or Sushi Flower, or does it end up being in between both (in which case I'll get it..)?

bruinshorty

Did you mean Budding Beauty (from Deja Rose)? Love Bud is that awful orange lustre from Culturebloom. I only saw awful because it's flaky and doesn't show up
ssad.gif

CaptainMac

Quote:
Bugger! I don't have Juxt, and SS has just slightly less gold sheen than Juxt, and is a bit more limey... I'll try to be skeptical at my makeover tomorrow. XP

I'm wondering, tho, if Playful is similar to Budding Beauty or Sushi Flower, or does it end up being in between both (in which case I'll get it..)?

Swatched Playful vs. Budding Beauty vs. Sushi Flower vs. Living Pink vs. Fushchia pigment in swatch section

I think Playful's very different from BB and SF

neeshie

Does Fab blush have any dupes? From pictures it looks like plum foolery or flirt and tease, it may be different irl.

divaster

Magic Dust and Nylon look exactly the same on me. Even the MA told me not to bother with Nylon after seeing them both on my hand.

Padmita

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I couldn't get any decent pictures, but it is different enough from Golden Olive and Golders Green to get IMO. I couldn't believe how close it was to the one in the Intense Eyes palette though!

That's great because I wanted With A Twist but didn't want the whole Intense Eyes palette
lol.gif
! And I don't have Lucky Green or Juxt, besides I think Springtime Skipper looks prettiest of those 3...

BadPrincess

I posted a few swatches in the swatch section. To me Springtime Skipper looked alot like Sprout. Playful looks alot like Girlishous from Liza PM & I agree with divaster that Magic Dust is the same as nylon.

jpohrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchan99
Is there a dupe for the Don't Be Shy blush? The MAC web site is already sold out.

Use Pink Swoon topped with Shy Angel, SHimmertime, or the pink Barbie Beauty Powder! HTHS!