Barbie Loves Mac Restock, Paints, and other fun stuff

Krasevayadancer

Spoke to a person in life chat to get the 411 on stuff I have been wondering:
info: Welcome to MAC Cosmetics Online. One of our Artists will be with you shortly. As a thank you for chatting with us today, we would like to extend a special offer just for you with your next MAC Cosmetics Online purchase. Your MAC Artist will provide you with the offer code during your consultation. At the end of this chat session, you may also request to have a transcript of your chat sent to you via email by completing our Exit Survey.
info: Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Barbara. How may I assist you?
Adina: Hello Barbara, I have a few questions
Barbara: Hi Adina. I'm glad to help with your makeup questions.
Adina: First off, I noticed that on the website there is a coming soon next to the previously sold out barbie loves mac items, does this mean there will be a restock?
Barbara: Yes. We anticipate getting more of the products in soon. Regrettably I don't have an exact date to provide you with.
Adina: i understand, I didn't take advantage of rocking chick when it was in front of me and now its sold out everywhere.
Barbara: That is one of the shades that we hope to have in again.
Adina: also: I have been having problems with the paints application, for some reason it does not apply evenly and sometimes even tends to look cakey on me
Barbara: How are you applying them?
Adina: do these expire, or am i using the wrong brush/application technique?
Adina: i usually use my 242 brush
Barbara: The #242 brush is a good choice. If you find them to be cakey or not smooth, try the #217 instead. It's fuller in shape and will allow you to blend on more sheer and layer if you need to build the colour.
Barbara: Click here for the Brushes page.
Adina: do they expire at all? i know mine is over a year old
Barbara: You can use it for at least 3 years so it's not expired after a year.
Adina: i understand
Adina: my next question: in back to mac, can you exchange empty products for only lipsticks, or for eyeshadows as well?
Barbara: You can exchange for an eye shadow or Lipglass as well as part of the expanded Back to MAC program which is available at MAC free-standing retail store locations. When you provide your information to be entered into the CRM database, you will now have the option of choosing from 3 product categories (Lipsticks, Clear or Tinted Lipglass or a Small Eye Shadow, excluding all Viva Glam products). The standard Back to MAC program still applies to MAC counter locations, customers who do not provide their complete information or who send their empties to MAC Cosmetics Online.
Adina: oh, awesome!
Adina: next question:
Adina: what is the difference between lipglass, couture lipglass, lip gellee, chromeglass, and lustreglass?
Adina: oh, and plushglass
Barbara: The difference is in their texture and coverage.
Adina: they all look like glosses to me
Adina: heh
Barbara: Chromeglass gives most coverage of these and is a metallic finish.
Barbara: Lipglass is next in line for coverage and is very glossy.
Barbara: Lustreglass follows and is semi sheer.
Barbara: Couture Lipglass is sheer with soft colour.
Barbara: Lipgelee is very sheer and see through. Very glossy.
Barbara: Click here for the MAC Lips page.
Adina: so i suppose its worth it to expand into each category
Adina: i am relatively new to mac lip products
Adina: another question: how can i apply my pigments so that i get a denser application of color
Adina: i am getting very sheer looks in my applications and i wanted something that mimics eyeshadow a bit more
Barbara: I recommend using brush #239 to pat the colour on your lid. It's quite firm so you get a very good deposit of colour. You can layer it to build up the intensity.
Adina: do you recommend using something in addition to it (a particular type of liquid or base maybe)
Barbara: Under all my Pigments I like to use MAC Prep + Prime Eye. It primes the lids for colour (great under eye shadows too) and helps to give your Pigments something to grab on to.
Barbara: Click here for the MAC Prep + Prime page.
Adina: how about shadesticks and cream color bases
Adina: are those less effective than prep and prime?
Barbara: You can use one of those as well. Shadesticks are great. Cream Colour Base is emollient so if you have creasing issues at all, I would opt out of using it on the lids.
Barbara: Click here for the MAC Shadestick page
Barbara: Click here for the MAC Multi-Purpose page.
Adina: i understand.
Barbara: Is there anything else I may assist you with today?
Adina: a personal recommendation question: what are your top 5 mac must have products?
Adina: (a particular shade of eyeshadow, etc)
Barbara: Personally my top 5 essentials are MAC Blot Powder, Clear Lipglass, Coal Black Pro Lash Mascara, Viva Glam VI Lipstick and Smolder Eye Kohl Pencil.
Adina: awesome, thank you so much for all of your help!
Barbara: You are welcome!!
Adina: sorry for the neverending questions
Barbara: It was my pleasure.
Adina: Have a wonderful day, and thanks again!
smiles.gif

Barbara: As a thank you for chatting with us today, I would like to offer complimentary Standard shipping with your next MAC Cosmetics Online purchase. Please enter the one-time use offer code CS73LIVECHAT during the checkout process. Offer for U.S. Residents only. You may now close the chat window by clicking on the "Close" button. You will be able to request that a copy of this chat be emailed to you as well as answer a few questions about your experience.

BloodMittens

Rocking Chick? Oh I hope so, I missed out on that lipstick so bad D:

Edit: Whoops, this was from february. You got me all excited that it was going to come out again now. Poohy.

frocher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMittens
Rocking Chick? Oh I hope so, I missed out on that lipstick so bad D:

Edit: Whoops, this was from february. You got me all excited that it was going to come out again now. Poohy.

She made the post in February, so any restock has probably come and gone. Pity, I would have loves a couple extras as well.
smiles.gif

Ms. Z

I purchased 2 Style it Up l/s yesterday at the MAC counter on the Junior Department, Macys 34th Street. I noticed they had a drawer w/items but did not ask about anything else.

piperbaby

well even if its too late for the barbie restock those were some great q &a.

thanks for posting that.

Latest posts