bare canvas?

lovelylass

Hiya,

I just got the bare canvas paint but not exactly sure what its for. Is it a eye base?
th_dunno.gif

I bought it after seeing alot of people use it.
Im quite suprised a how the small the tube is too.

I am new to Mac.

ritchieramone

I apply a thin layer all over my eyelid as a base for shadows/pigments etc. It works really well for me especially if I apply my other products on top of it before it has had time to completely dry. So far, it has never creased, so I love it! The tube is small, but you really don't need much per application.

GlossyAbby

I use a small layer over my lid as well for a base. I have had my bare canvas paint for over 2 yrs and it still works great and I have about 6 months still left of product. I use it every time I wear eye makeup so it lasts a long time! It makes my eyeshadow stay put all day no creases

user79

Yes, it's a base for your eyeshadow. The tube is small but you only need a tiiiiny bit, I have had some paints that I use all the time and they are over a year old and only half done!

kokometro

Staple for me. Love it. put the lid back on as soon as you get a bit out so it doesn't ploof out and get wasted. I put a tube of it in a 5 gram jar and it dried out. Just have to work with the Mac packaging.

FiestyFemme

Most people use it as a base, but it's also nice to just even out the lid for a simple look. I've done that some. I know the tube is small but they last forever! I can't imagine finishing one.

lovelylass

Thanks for the replies.

Glad to hear that it will last for ages.

Im hoping it will cover my veiny eyes as have tried Benefit lemonaid and that made my eyes dry and flaky then I tried UD PP and it doesnt cover them.

Will let you know how I get on.

Also purchased the skinsheen in medium/dark, mascara-x, and lipglass in c-thru.

SkylarV217

I use it as a base or as a shade then i add accent shades ... I really like neutral and natural colors =)

lovelylass

Hello,

Im really not getting on with the bare canvas(I really wanted to like this), It doesnt go on smooth on me and looks really patchy!! am I doing something wrong?

LMD84

well i have the paint in 'stillife' and when i used for the first time i put far too much on it went patchy and flakey. Are you using too much? seriously the tiniest bit goes a long long way.

glam8babe

this was my first shadow base.. it was pretty good but now ive moved onto urban decay primer potion and MAC paint pots and the MAC paints are crap compared to them! i still have a full bare canvas and havent used it since buying UDPP and MAC PP's

bebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelylass
Thanks for the replies.

Glad to hear that it will last for ages.

Im hoping it will cover my veiny eyes as have tried Benefit lemonaid and that made my eyes dry and flaky then I tried UD PP and it doesnt cover them.

Will let you know how I get on.

Also purchased the skinsheen in medium/dark, mascara-x, and lipglass in c-thru.

paints unlike benefits quick fixes are not concealers
nor is Udpp these are bases that you put eyeshadows and other product over to get them to last longer.

other places make very nice concealer.. which sounds what you are looking for. sorry if I'm jumping to the wrong conclusion, just wanted to let you know.