bare escentuals

xceelynn

i hella wanna try the bare minerals foundation but i don't know if it's good or not. if you've used it.. do you recommend it? i think it's about 60$ for a set right? is it worth it? because to me, that's a lil expensive for foundation. but yeahhh i'm willing to spend if it's a GOOOODD foundation :] thannnkkss

macaddictgirlie

I love Bare Minerals. I will never go back to liquid ever again. It's the best foundation ever
smiles.gif
You can get the set at Ulta.com for $45.00 I think.

Shimmer

For a LOT more opinions search the bare escentuals thread that's posted as a sticky in one of the forums. It's got all KINDS of info on the product!!

astronaut

It's a good product, if you're not allergic to it. I thought it was the best product in the world. But then I broke out and my face started to burn because of it and I seriously thought that that was normal until I asked on a message board on myspace about it. It turns out I'm allergic to the bismuth oxychloride in Bare Minerals
ssad.gif
I found a better product that doesn't have the ingredient though from everydayminerals.com and it's great to not have the makeup burn and it's about half the cost!
smiles.gif

farra712

I personally like Everyday Minerals better also, as it comes in three finishes (not just the glowy one like Bare Minerals) and, as mentioned above, it is a cheaper buy. Also, they will send you a sample set of three shades of foundation, a blush sample, and a finishing dust sample for about $4.00 (just to cover priority shipping). They also have a 100% money back guarantee. I like that. Good luck!

Ada

I love BE! I never wore foundation before because I hated how it felt on my skin-- but BE is so light you can't feel it, and is very natural looking.

$60 seems like a lot (you're looking at that kit on Sephora, right?)- but it's actually a really good deal-- you get the foundation (2 different colors), mineral veil, warmth (like a bronzer, I don't use mine) & three different brushes! That's seven products, so less than $10 ea.

scrapbookromance

if you're going to use the mineral veil and warmth in the kit, and if you're good with mixing the two color foundations (or know you want a darker one for when you're tan in the summer) then definately go with the kit, its a great value. I chose not to get the kit and just bought the flawless face brush, and two full size foundation colors (for when i'm tan, and not ha) I went through one full size container of foundation in about 9 months, before I had the other color, but I just started using the mac 187 brush to apply it and i'm using wayyyyy less product than with their flawless face brush, and it actually looks better!!

xceelynn

thanks everyone! if i get it, i'll prolly just get the foundations. and then go get the 187 brush from mac, gahh that brush is so expensive too! haha

phone_phreak

I will never go back to liquid foundation ever!! I have very problematic skin, and have been working with a dermatologist for over 2 years now, and this is one of the best things i've done for my skin!

dacostas4

I tried the BE and it itched (due to the bismuth chloride) and was way to glowy on my combo skin! Everyday Minerals is the way to go! On the site they even compare the ingredients to BE! Everyday Minerals only has 4 ingredients :) And they have 3 formulas, original (glowy like BE) semi-Matte & Matte. Hope this helps! They are kind to your wallet as well :)

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xceelynn
is there a store that sells everday minerals? or is it only sold online?

it's only sold online but you can email them asking to put in stores.

ben

i just ordered some samples of the everyday mineral make-up!
i have been wanting to try mineral foundation for awhile but i've been too nervous to order it online, just in case i picked the wrong shade.

xceelynn

yeaaahh i'm gonna order the everyday minerals free samples too! :] thanks guys, for mentioning this brand ;D