Barry M nail polishes..

Carlyx

Are absolutely sh*te!!

Everytime I wear any of the polishes they chip soooo easily, I only out it on earlier and already it's chipped really bad on every bloody finger
angry.gif

I even put base/top coats on aswell!!

trojanpopcorn

i don't have that problem! i wear mine religiously now because i purchased some chanel polishes that are off within a day! weird....

k.a.t

I have very minor chipping problems with these but i think it's cause i don't wear base/top coat with them...i find they're ok, i especially love the colours
smiles.gif

vocaltest

I haven't had any problem with these either
th_dunno.gif
I didn't put on a base or top coat either, infact, i'm wearing one right now!

MsCocoa

I find that they're ok if you want to try a new colour but chip easily on the fingers and take 2-3 coats for a good colour payoff.

Carlyx

Hmm I wonder why it only happens to me lol.

I love the colors though, I shall try not doing a base/top coat and if that still doesn't work I'll move on to another brand!!

Cosmopolitics

Oils and residues that are left on the nail before painting will often result in chips and bubbling. My polishes used to chip a lot before I became more attentive to that problem.

MsCocoa

It must be a base coat/top coat thing because I always use them and even though I 'squeak' the nails (nail polish remover to remove the oils) it still chips.

k.a.t

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCocoa
I find that they're ok if you want to try a new colour but chip easily on the fingers and take 2-3 coats for a good colour payoff.

Yeah that's true that you need 2-3 coats (sometimes even four) specially with the yellow one, it's really streaky
ssad.gif

c00ki312

im wearing the grey colour now and 2 coats with NO base or topcoat and its been nearly a week and they still havnt chipped!

BEA2LS

i find that sometimes if i skip a base coat my nail polish chips less. and i know that's going against every good advice the experts give
ssad.gif
maybe i'm doing something wrong with the base coat or i need a better one but if it chips less without one than i guess what's the difference?