5 = May
6 = June
7 = July
8 = August
9 = September
A = October
B = November
C = December

(PLEASE NOTE: The month '0' does NOT exist!)

Year
The last digit normally represents the year of production.

(PLEASE NOTE: NEVER EVER purchase MAC products that are made ahead of the year you're in! For example, you're in 2007 but a 2009 batch of MAC product is already made....
th_crazy2.gif
)

Examples of batch codes:
  • AC6 - First Run in December 2006
  • C96 - Third Run in September 2006
  • A44 - First Run in April 2004

thelove4tequila

So I was looking @ a ebay listing for Maroon Pigment and the bottom says
AA0....Is it not authenic then since there is no '0'???

panda0410

If you look at xqueeze_me notes it only says that 0 doesnt exist as a month - which is represented by the second digit in the batch code, not the third which represents the year of manufacture.
The code was actually A40
winks.gif
And yes it is real because 0 only doesnt exist as a SECOND digit in the 3 digit code. This pigment was Maroon and was manufactured in 2000 when it was part of MACs perm line
smiles.gif

A - First Run
4 - April
0 - 2000

Xqueeze_me

It would be extremely appreciated if someone can provide older MAC batch codes/numbers (before year 2000) for newbies to learn and know about.

Thanks in advance!!
thmbup.gif

dizzygal

Hi I will ask my sister as she used to work for EL companies if that is any hellp and I will post reply over the weekend

dizzygal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
It would be extremely appreciated if someone can provide older MAC batch codes/numbers (before year 2000) for newbies to learn and know about.

Thanks in advance!!
thmbup.gif

Hi I will ask my sister as she used to work for EL companies if that is any help and I will post reply over the weekend
The Maroon batch code is spot on, There are a few 9`s as a year but these are very old 1999 batch codes and they will not have a 0 in the middle

aksaiyo

I bought an aunthentic MAC Dazzleglass from the Incheon airport in Korea. It's batch number is AA8X on the tube, but on the box it only says AA8. I guess that it would have been a 1st batch made in November of 2008, but what does the extra "X" mean?

mac_addict.gif

martiangurll

I think I know the answer to this question already, but like the dufus that I am, I will ask it anyway. If I bought an item on ebay and it arrives with no batch code--and no product name, just a number (in this case #15) is it a fake? The Fafi sticker looks fake also, like the label was pasted on and the ends overlap?
th_dunno.gif

TIA.

marusia

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
I think I know the answer to this question already, but like the dufus that I am, I will ask it anyway. If I bought an item on ebay and it arrives with no batch code--and no product name, just a number (in this case #15) is it a fake? The Fafi sticker looks fake also, like the label was pasted on and the ends overlap?
th_dunno.gif

TIA.

Yep, that would be a fake.
ssad.gif

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusia
Yep, that would be a fake.
ssad.gif

Dang, I should have known it was 2 good 2b true...well, I learned my lesson didn't I? except for that detail, it was a pretty good fake (until I swatched the sucker on my hand & it did not swatch like a MAC lippie at all)

Now I guess I have t obsessively compulsively scrub my hand with alcohol

laceydyan

Omg. I feel dumb now that I just posed about these numbers. This was so helpful to read about what those numbers mean! I always thought they were associated with the color.

ImACraftyNurse

OOpsOops, I’ve bought fake MAC pigments before according to this – on ebay. Only 2 and I did have my suspicions. I’m a dufus.