BBU Palette from Bobbi Brown

ChynaSkye

that is a great palette... the correctors are great & the concealers are are nice texture too. i don't know how the stick foundations are though, not too familiar with these. But the set seems like a great collection to have on a set. One thing to note is that the Bobby artists that work at my store had let me know that the concealers are not oil free. This may not make a difference but i thought it would be good to know.

martygreene

I wouldn't suggest BB products, for a variety of reasons. I'd say go with the pro lines you mentioned- RCMA, CS, etc. Incidentally, Graftobian's Hi-Def makeup is truely amazing, and worth checking out.

pixichik77

Personally, I like Bobbi Brown just fine and use it a ton. I have to say I use the concealers more than the foundations; I often mix a little bit of "theatrical" makeup into the foundation sticks if I want a less yellow toned foundation. That being said, the professional companies may be more economical, $250 seemed high to me.... You can probably buy a Graftobian tester palette (full sizes) and an empty Japonesque palette for less.

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixichik77
Personally, I like Bobbi Brown just fine and use it a ton. I have to say I use the concealers more than the foundations; I often mix a little bit of "theatrical" makeup into the foundation sticks if I want a less yellow toned foundation. That being said, the professional companies may be more economical, $250 seemed high to me.... You can probably buy a Graftobian tester palette (full sizes) and an empty Japonesque palette for less.

Agreed competely on the price points. Also, BB has too much TD in it to be used reliably for print work. Personally? I liked some of their stuff, but wasn't WOWED by it. The fact of it not being oil-free, and having issues with creasing on some skins, and not working well for print/HD work, it's just not worth it for me. The incompatibility with a large percentage of other products in my kit, and the inability to thin it down satisfactorily alone is enough to keep it out of my kit really. That, and they're an EL brand and so I don't purchase them anymore on principle.

khadijah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixichik77

Wow... thanks for posting this.. I think i may try out graftobian first. It makes more sense, im a newbie in this.

pixichik77

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
Agreed competely on the price points. Also, BB has too much TD in it to be used reliably for print work. Personally? I liked some of their stuff, but wasn't WOWED by it. The fact of it not being oil-free, and having issues with creasing on some skins, and not working well for print/HD work, it's just not worth it for me. The incompatibility with a large percentage of other products in my kit, and the inability to thin it down satisfactorily alone is enough to keep it out of my kit really. That, and they're an EL brand and so I don't purchase them anymore on principle.

I understand. At this point in my career, it's all about economy for me, and I was lucky enough to get most of my current kit for free. But oh boy, do I have a LIST of things to buy...

martygreene

Being economical is always a good idea, just remember that sometimes being economical means spending a bit more on something now, and having it work and last, rather than spending lesser amounts over and over and over trying to make something work, or on something that doesn't work at all.

pixichik77

Acknowledged... I make it work. One of these days I will figure out how to post some photos, and you will see what I mean. I use the sticks because they don't have SPF, and I have no problem making them look like skin. It doesn't take any extra effort, and I have always been pleased with the photos.

BionicWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChynaSkye
that is a great palette... the correctors are great & the concealers are are nice texture too. i don't know how the stick foundations are though, not too familiar with these. But the set seems like a great collection to have on a set. One thing to note is that the Bobby artists that work at my store had let me know that the concealers are not oil free. This may not make a difference but i thought it would be good to know.

But wouldn't you want to use concealers that aren't oil free since the under eye area is naturally drier and you don't want it to dry out or settle in the fine lines under the eyes?

User49

I have literally just purchased the bbu pallette, as have three of my collegues that work at mac. I think it's a really good paleete to save space in your kit. I haevn't used it yet so I will have to let you know how I get on with it once it's been used! But I do love it. It's very sleek and takes up hardly any space!! I'd get it if I were you! x

And it depends on each individual person which under eye concealor you use really. x

roxxen

I use my makeup kit primarily for applications on my clients when they have special events (weddings, etc.) I have the BBU palette in my kit, and my favorite thing about it is that I have so many concealers and correctors all in a limited amount of space. It also supplies a wide selection of the Bobbi stick foundation colors without taking up a lot of space. However, I can't say that the stick foundation is my foundation of choice...but it's SO MUCH more practical than carrying around multiple bottles and tubes of some of my foundation faves. As others have mentioned - it is quite a pricey premium you pay for this slim and tidy selection of color...but I find it's nice to have a brand that's easily identifiable by my clients.

nursee81

I just ordered it from the bobbi brown studio..... I'm hoping it was worth the money, I was able to get a discount on it so hopefully it works out.

Hi, are you talking about Bobbi Brown universal face palette? Where did you use your discount, through online or BB counter? I was thinking to apply for Bobbi brown Pro card so I can get a discount when I want to the BBU palette.