BE Mineral Veil or MUFE HD Microfinish Powder?

westindiesangel

Which is better? Especially for oil control. I use Mineral Veil and it seems to do a good job, but if the HD powder is better, then I'm always looking for an upgrade. I have really really oily skin...

Simply Elegant

MUFE HD does nothing for oilyness. I'd try the super matte loose powder. That actually does something for oily skin.

SweetCheeks

Actually I have both and over them I would rec Laura Mercier's powders, they are amazing ! Specifically her setting powder ... you can sample it at Sephora
smiles.gif

westindiesangel

Thanks ladies! Both those powder look really good! I guess I'll have to try them both out at Sephora and see.

Edit. Isn't talc bad for your skin? I read it clogs pores or something? That's what the Laura Mercier powder has.

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
MUFE HD does nothing for oilyness. I'd try the super matte loose powder. That actually does something for oily skin.

interesting. why do you say that? based on what i've read silica is a good absorbent ingredient
th_dunno.gif

HoneyDip

I don't have BE mineral veil.. but I got the MUFE HD Powder and I LOVE it. It keeps my face pretty matte all day.. I don't have superoily skin though.

ForgetRegret

I have ridiculously oily skin and HD powder works really well to help combat a little of the oil. Nothing has ever really gotten rid of it completely, but this definitely made an improvement! I won't leave my house without that stuff on my face.
greengrin.gif

nickyc

I heard Mineral Veil contains cornstarch which can feed acne. It never did a whole lot for my oily skin, but then not much does! It was your average powder at best.
I use MAC blot (pressed) because it never cakes up and I can carry it in my purse.