Beach makeup?

SnowAngel1106

What do you use when you spend the day at the beach? I'm really not a beach person...I love SNOW and COLD and WINTER, but living on an island, with no job, and no kids, and (most of the time) a deployed husband - the beach is starting to look more and more like an enticing option to kill time (and work on my tan!). I already know I'll use moisturizer, Bare Minerals foundation and chap stick of course, but I need like SUPER waterproof mascara and eyeliner. I currently use Clinique cream eyeliner, but I don't think that's waterproof enough? Suggestions ladies!

smiles.gif

xxManBeaterxx

Mac's liquidlast eyeliner is extremely water proof. You also need a sunblock not a moisturizer with spf in it, since moisturizer's won't withstand sweat and water, neutrogena make's great facial sun blocks.

I'm totally a beach bum, i used to go everyday after school back in the days. I never found a water proof mascara that would make it through the day at the beach without looking like a raccoon. Once i start swimming i have this habit of rubbing my eyes because of the salt water and it smears everything.

InspiredBlue

An option to mascara is getting your lashes tinted (at a salon or there are DIY kits). That way your lashes are darker, but there is no risk of smears.

Personally I would skip makeup, other than perhaps a balm on my lips for going to the beach. Laying in the hot sun, swimming and reapplying sunscreen just don't mix well with makeup.
th_wink3.gif

LC

When I go to the beach I wear MAC's face and body foundation because it's REALLY sheer and doesn't look like youre wearing makeup, it also holds up in the water very very nicely. Someone mentioned MAC's liquid last liner. I agree with this, it also does really nicely in the water. I have a black waterproof mascara from Clarins that I wear (it's expensive though), so I imagine just a cheap drugstore waterproof mascara would be fine unless you plan on being in the water ALL day but it doesn't sound like you will be if you're just going to work on your tan. then any lip gloss.
Not much more you can wear without looking kind of silly for going to the beach with makeup and trying too hard, not to mention the other stuff isn't exactly waterproof.

SnowAngel1106

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
An option to mascara is getting your lashes tinted (at a salon or there are DIY kits). That way your lashes are darker, but there is no risk of smears.

Personally I would skip makeup, other than perhaps a balm on my lips for going to the beach. Laying in the hot sun, swimming and reapplying sunscreen just don't mix well with makeup.
th_wink3.gif

LOL! I wish I could just roll out with no make up...but I seriously haven't left my house without make up on since the morning of my wedding when I went to the salon (this was 5.5 years ago!).

And I'll look into the lash tinting thing...haven't heard of that here in Japan! They're all about lash extensions over here!

SnowAngel1106

Quote:
Originally Posted by baci
When I go to the beach I wear MAC's face and body foundation because it's REALLY sheer and doesn't look like youre wearing makeup, it also holds up in the water very very nicely. Someone mentioned MAC's liquid last liner. I agree with this, it also does really nicely in the water. I have a black waterproof mascara from Clarins that I wear (it's expensive though), so I imagine just a cheap drugstore waterproof mascara would be fine unless you plan on being in the water ALL day but it doesn't sound like you will be if you're just going to work on your tan. then any lip gloss.
Not much more you can wear without looking kind of silly for going to the beach with makeup and trying too hard, not to mention the other stuff isn't exactly waterproof.

I just tried to order Liquidlast, but because it contains alcohol - it can't be shipped here to where I live. I guess I'll have to go look at the makeup section of the base exchange this week.
smiles.gif

I don't wanna go with full face. That's just crazy! lol But I don't leave the house without some face. EVER. lol

BEA2LS

the more you go, the less make up you might wear. i love make-up but love the beach more
smiles.gif
and when i am hard core i skip make up all together.

SnowAngel1106

lol BEA2LS - NEVER! BLASPHEMY!!! I don't love the beach. :| It's a time/boredom killer and necessity for tan. lol

LC

I def agree with wearing at least something out. I don't know how much shipping would be to japan (unless you have an APO address), but I can get you the liquid last from the mac store when I go today, plus I get a discount so If you want to give me money on paypal I can pick up one or two for you, let me know
smiles.gif

SnowAngel1106

I have an APO/FPO address!
smiles.gif
Thank you so much for offering! I just don't know how that would go with customs and what not...hmmmmmmm...

LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowAngel1106
I have an APO/FPO address!
smiles.gif
Thank you so much for offering! I just don't know how that would go with customs and what not...hmmmmmmm...

i'm pretty sure it's fine. I send my dad random stuff all the time and he's in iraq with an apo address. and anytime i ship makeup, even to canada, i just mark it as a gift with a low $ value and no one has ever had any problems

kimmy

i used to just wear mascara and brows. sometimes i'd wear mineral powder, but this year i'm all about au naturel for the beach...well, maybe a little tinted eyelash conditioner.

wearing foundation to the beach is asking for trouble though, just be aware. the warmer it gets, and when you start to sweat, your pores open up so anything on your skin (foundation, etc) is going to sink in and cause blemishes and/or irritation.

MACaddict08

I've had good luck with MAC's blacktrack fluidline. I dont necessarily wipe my eyes like crazy just because if its not completely waterproof i dont want raccoon eyes! But Ive never had runny makeup after exiting the water so I'd say you'd be fine too. I usually just wear that then maxfactor 2000 calorie waterproof mascara and im good to go! and Japan's beaches are beautiful! you're lucky
smiles.gif

GlamQueen21

I would wear MAC Studio Moisture Tint, Blacktrack fluidline, Splashproof mascara and any lipglass of your choice for the beach since you want your makeup to last all day.

antigone21

I know this is crazy, but I just CAN'T leave my house without some concealer or foundation. I can't remember the last time I did. Oh actually I can, I once went to college without makeup because I was feeling sick and my friends thought I had gotten in a fight because of my massive hereditary under eye circles...

So I do go to the beach with face makeup on, I just don't sink my head under water. I don't live anywhere near the sea anyways, so swimming in a still lake or in a fake beach in the city is something I can live without. I have loads of fun playing in water as long as it doesn't go past my neck! I can skip eyeliner and mascara but never concealer
smiles.gif

I would love to hear about waterproof concealer if anyone knows about that...does it even exist?

QueenBam

just wanted to add... whatever you decide to add to your lips, make sure its not giving you the "looking glass" effect.... where it'll make the sunrays go through it even harsher.... (read: use SPF!)

summerblue

Just my put Laura Geller's Balance & Brighten over my SPF & 1 or 2 coats of mascara. Naturally, both will wear of when in the water or via sweating, but that's OK. All I do is reapply sunscreen to my face & body every hour or 2.