beauty must-go places in NYC

Guinevere

Hey everyone,

I'm going to be in New York, Manhattan mainly, in April for the first time. Are there make up stores I simply have to go??

MAC pro stores and sephora's are already on my list, I would love to buy some NYX cosmetics, do you know where I can find them in Manhattan?

So if you have any suggestions I would be happy if you could share them with me.

Thanks already
Guinevere

blondie711

Not sure where they sell NYX..but my faves are Ricky's,Henri Bendel & Bergdorf's beauty department, Bigelow's,Zitomer. Have a great trip!

nursee81

yeah I went there last summer when I visited my family.

8 East 12th Street
New York, NY 10003-4427
(212) 941-9337

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeenageMuse
MAKE UP FOREVER HAS A STORE?!

I think I just created a new life goal..

There's one in Montreal too.

purrtykitty

The Inglot store. They are a Polish brand and have a lot of really great products and tons of colors. I believe it's right near Times Square.

Guinevere

Wow thanks so much!!! Already so many answers :)
I know it sounds weird to a local *g* but I would also love to go to a Walmart, Target and Ulta, but as far as I see there are none in Manhattan..

tthelwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere
Wow thanks so much!!! Already so many answers :)
I know it sounds weird to a local *g* but I would also love to go to a Walmart, Target and Ulta, but as far as I see there are none in Manhattan..

smiles.gif
Yea....those stores are out in the other boroughs...Brooklyn, Queens...the best place for those stores is Long Island by far.

But in NYC...u MUST go the MAKE UP FOR EVER Boutique in Union Square, the INGLOT Store in Times Square, the MAC PRO Store on 5th Avenue, and if u want check out the OCC Outlet store on 31st Street.

And if u want a shopping buddy.....hit me up!
greengrin.gif

Guinevere

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthelwell
smiles.gif
Yea....those stores are out in the other boroughs...Brooklyn, Queens...the best place for those stores is Long Island by far.

But in NYC...u MUST go the MAKE UP FOR EVER Boutique in Union Square, the INGLOT Store in Times Square, the MAC PRO Store on 5th Avenue, and if u want check out the OCC Outlet store on 31st Street.

And if u want a shopping buddy.....hit me up!
greengrin.gif

Would love to have a shopping buddy!!! we only have to lock down my boyfriend in a boring museum and so and we can start!
th_DANCE.gif

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Would love to have a shopping buddy!!! we only have to lock down my boyfriend in a boring museum and so and we can start!
th_DANCE.gif

Dump him at the Museum of Natural History that should give you atleast 8hrs of shopping time
lol.gif

There is an Ulta and Target very near each other in Westbury, LI oh and make sure you make it to Century 21. Not a makeup place but a place for awesome shopping.

tthelwell

Quote:
th_DANCE.gif

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!! Send him off to MoMA and let's go! Just let me know the details before ur trip! I live on Long Island too so I know where to find the Ultas, Targets and Walmarts! Oh and u can't forget Harmons either!
yahoo.gif

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Yippee!!!!!!!!!!! Send him off to MoMA and let's go! Just let me know the details before ur trip! I live on Long Island too so I know where to find the Ultas, Targets and Walmarts! Oh and u can't forget Harmons either!
yahoo.gif

Isn't there a big assed Harmon's in Westbury too? Across the street from the Source Mall?

tthelwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
Isn't there a big assed Harmon's in Westbury too? Across the street from the Source Mall?

I think so! All those stores r in Westbury....plus u can use the 20% off coupons from Bed Bath and Beyond there too...
graucho.gif

DILLIGAF

Quote:
I think so! All those stores r in Westbury....plus u can use the 20% off coupons from Bed Bath and Beyond there too...
graucho.gif

Westbury was one of my fav..non city shopping places. Just because the parking was decent.

Guinevere

Isn't westbury this huuuuge shopping outlet mall? If they do have ulta and walmart or target there it would be great, cause i think we will go there.

The girls shopping day sounds soo awesome but i think my honey would be superhurt if i dump him somewhere for make up shopping, he isn't that much a fan gg but i'll try what i can do

the mac pro store is on 5th avenue?? On their website stands another adress

elb154

I am headed to NYC some time soon as well (my sister gets a discounted trip through school). I am so glad to see so many replies. I have already started looking up these places and memorizing the map!

Dominikanmorena

Ok... I suggest you go to Alcone on 322 West 49th Street. They have Ben Nye and tons of pro products (Alcone Company: Professional Makeup Artists Premiere Online Store for Quality Cosmetics, Character Makeup, Tools, and Technical Training: Home).
Ricky's in Chinatown... dont know the right address tho sorry, but they have everything!!! Extensions, Lashes, Nail Polishes Galoree!
Ummm... one beauty supply in Manhattan that has NYX is Beauty 35 on 505 8th Avenue and 35th St.
If you get to go to a Harmons they have NYX as well, none in NYC tho.
Of course hit up the Make Up Forever store since it is the only one they have in the U.S!!
Well thats all i can think of besides going to MACY's in Herald Square 34th St (there's a Sephora right across the street!).

Have fun and Happy shopping!!!!!!
yahoo.gif