Beauty Powder Blushes or Mineralized Skinfinishes?

glam8babe

this is a hard question!!
i love beauty powder blushes because you dont need to add another product to add sheen and they look natural, but you can layer on more product for a dramatic look.. they are incredible!!
but i also love MSF's because they have that natural glow to the skin with a tiny hint of colour

but if i did have to pick one.. probably beauty powder blush

VDUB*BELLA

MSF's
Love them to death and I find them more versatile than BPB's (sorry BPB's I love you too but all my MSF's are my HG)

Ethel

MSF are overrated, IMO. The quality has really slipped in recent years and they've become glitter bombs. I'll always love my lighscapade as a highlighter, but the quality of the BPBs is much more uniform and consistent.

Trista

I prefer the beauty powder blushes since they are more pigmented. I love the idea of MSFs and I own a couple of them but i've been lazy lately so I just want a product that can function as a blush and highlighter.

winterwonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethel
MSF are overrated, IMO. The quality has really slipped in recent years and they've become glitter bombs. I'll always love my lighscapade as a highlighter, but the quality of the BPBs is much more uniform and consistent.

I agree with this, I never really understood what the big deal was with MSFs. I kept trying them but I don't know, it just adds a hint of color and lots of Glitter on me, I'd rather get the nice sheen with a bit more color with the BPBs. I love these things!

The going rate for older MSFs just seems insane to me as well, if you really like them and use them a lot then it's just going to be used up and be of no value to you at all. (I do understand the collector aspect of it but that's not my thing) All of the MSFs I've ever owned and used quickly lost the dome shape and product. They didn't seem to last long to me.

AppleDiva

MSFs work best when used with other blushes.
graucho.gif

AppleDiva

Definitely MSFs, but I would want both.
graucho.gif

I think application of the MSF is all in the brush that you use.

janwa09

Well MSFs are much more versatile cos you can use them (depending on the shade) as blush, highlighter, contour and overall face powder. BPBs seem to be made only for cheek colour/ highlighters.

Babylard

tough one... hm... but i'd have to say msfs because they glow! my roomate always says i have too much blush but if i wore just msfs, i'm sure he'd say otherwise. im loving the N collection msfs especially!

you guys should try silk naturals' loose mineral glows if you dont have that many msfs... they are cheap and beautiful! a sample is like $1.25 for a 5g jar. a fullsize is like $7. they are super fine milled and super silky. i actually like their texture better than MAC msfs! im gonna buy more later when i get aquainted to the foundation sample i purchased. so yeah... go look up silk naturals
smiles.gif

coachkitten

I am loving the new beauty powder blushes but I will also have a special place in my heart for MSFs. Yes have not been as great recently but they will always have a little something special over any blush IMO.
smiles.gif
MAC just needs to get better about putting out more original MSFs.

MaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterwonder
I agree with this, I never really understood what the big deal was with MSFs. I kept trying them but I don't know, it just adds a hint of color and lots of Glitter on me, I'd rather get the nice sheen with a bit more color with the BPBs. I love these things!

The going rate for older MSFs just seems insane to me as well, if you really like them and use them a lot then it's just going to be used up and be of no value to you at all. (I do understand the collector aspect of it but that's not my thing) All of the MSFs I've ever owned and used quickly lost the dome shape and product. They didn't seem to last long to me.

I agree...the beauty powders give you a more natural glow while even the not-so-glittery MSF's still seem to have way to much shimmer. The MSF's are nice but I never understood the fuss.

Winthrop44

Count me in as another who has never understood the fascination with MSFs. They are just too glittery for me. I am loving the BPBs tho!

Latest posts