Beauty Powder help please :)

yessisbfc

I was wondering what people mainly use beauty powders for (I assume all over face colour?). If so, is this over foundation? Also, what sort of brush or other item do you use to apply it and how?

I only have 1 as I've previously been into MSF's but I'm trying to get into these and would love some advice. The one I have is pretty baby.

Thanks
smiles.gif

lindas1983

I'm very pale so i tend to use mine as cheek products ie blushes and highlights. My favourite at the moment is pretty baby, on me is a fool proof blush, as its so light its hard to put too much on and end up looking like a clown.

LMD84

i tend to use the beauty powders as a blush topper. i wouldn't use it all over my face because some - like shell pearl - have a sheen to them and it'd look like i was sweaty
smiles.gif
but as toppers or even on their own on the cheeks is how i use them
smiles.gif

Junkie

I use Joyous as a blush personally. Sometimes I'll add them overtop my regular blush on just the apples for an extra pop of colour.

yessisbfc

Thanks ladies! I actually went into MAC today and asked there and the MUA was telling me to use it over my foundation and that they aren't meant to be blushers. I told her I used mine as a blush or with another and it looks really nice. She said you can but it was better to use all over. As you say though, some will be too dark.

I have pretty baby so I think this is alright to put lightly all over. Thanks so much for your help! I wasn't sure if what I was doing was right
smiles.gif

cbh02b

Use it however makes you feel the best!! I use Pretty Baby and Shell Pearl as blush or over blush! I can't imagine putting shell pearl all over my face but I am very fair! :0

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i tend to use the beauty powders as a blush topper. i wouldn't use it all over my face because some - like shell pearl - have a sheen to them and it'd look like i was sweaty
smiles.gif
but as toppers or even on their own on the cheeks is how i use them
smiles.gif

iagree.gif

jrjrr

Im NW15 and i can not even imagine wearing any BP as an all over finishing powder lol. I will use them mostly as blushes, or contouring.
smiles.gif