Beauty powders - how often?

Dianora

I've fallen in love with the lighter Raquel Welch beauty powder and it's become part of my everyday routine. I've noticed that it's still available on MAC's website, and I'm wondering if I should buy a backup. I'm not usually one to buy backups, but since it's a pretty basic powder that I use daily, I don't want to be left without one.

My question is - how often do beauty powders come out? If mine lasts me a year, will there be new ones to buy a year from now that are similar to what I have? And if not, is there another powder product that just sort of gives your face a glowy, finished look on top of your foundation?

KeshieShimmer

I think that they come out with every Icon collection. I'm in the same boat I love Pearl Sunshine, but I don't want to buy another if something else can give me the same effect.

stellarx1587

They've been released with the Icon collections the past few years. And also with Sundressing and w/ Barbie as we all know. They didn't release them so often before though, but I think because of the popularity of them they'll be released more often now. I've found that the more matted BP's come out with Icon vs other collections. So hopefully, there will be similar BP's coming out annually. HTH!

contrabassoon

I have Barbie's Pearl Sunshine BP and I'm sure that there are some Sheertone Shimmer blushers that can give me a similar if not the same effect.

GreekChick

I believe MAC will be releasing a similar product, as well as similar color, in one of the Spring/Summer Collections.

redambition

whenever my counter runs out of a beauty powder during a collection they sub it with an iridescent powder.

i've never tried the iridescent powder so i can't comment on how well it works as a sub.

Ms. Z

I love my BPs, (don't like irr. powders), so I was happy to read that 2 will be released w/the Nordstrom collection (one is Soft Dew which was released last year & I already own.).

I love Peaceful, and was thinking of getting a back-up, but I have to be honest, for the exception of one l/g I have not used any of the back-ups I have purchased in the last 3 years. I still want to get it because how about if I drop it.... or lose it
th_crazy.gif
, but than if I like the new one from the Novel Twist Collection, I' ll have 3 peachy powders.
rofl.gif