Beauty school drama (long)

MissAlexisDDD

I'm so irritated right now. I currently am going to cosmetology school. I don't have a car so I was getting rides from my really good friend. I paid her like, six bucks a week to take me to and from class (it's close enough to walk, but it's been so damn hot lately) and really doesn't use much gas because she went that route anyway.

Anyway, last night, I was sitting outside with Rachel and Karens boyfriend walks out of the school (Karen and Rachel hate eachother. Karen has frequently cheats on her bf and lies about it) and Rachel, being spiteful decided to let her boyfriend know that she had been cheating on him and bragging about it at school. He looked over at me and said "Is that true" And I looked the other way. I don't like drama. Don't want to be in it.

Anyway. Bit of a side story. The girl that takes me to and fro class is Rebecca, and she is friends with Karen and (essentially, Karents bitch) Mikala. Rebececca has been changing since she started hanging out with these two. Karen is two faced, snotty, spoiled, and a whore. She doesn't have a whole lot of friends. I tolerated her because Rebecca did.

Back to it. This morning Rebecca "forgot" to pick me up. I couldn't find my phone in the morning so I stood outside and waited for her. She is usually no later than 8 20 because school starts at 8 30. I went out at around 8 10 and waited until 8 35. Called the school to say I was going to be late because my boyfriend was going to take me. Furious at this point. Finally find my phone, and there are three missed calls from her. One at 8 24, 8 25, and 8 26. I call her and shes like "Oh.. I forgot" "I'm already at school, sorry" Great.

I get there, and shes sitting with Karen and Mikala. I just sit down and start taking notes 'cause I'm already about two hours late for class. After notes, we did lunch. Before that I had talked to Rebecca about the thing, and she agreed that I did nothing wrong as I did want to side with anyone. Thought we were cool. Lunch comes and I ask if she wants to do something, she said shes just going home. After lunch, I see her walking with the two and right when I walk in Mikala asks her what she did for lunch, Rebecca said she just went home, and Mikala starts giggling. She later let it slip "Oh I got this wipe from that restauraunt..." Right. Lie, caught.

Fast foward, we are working on this project (this really pisses me off) and I basiclly had no say in anything. They took my fucking notes and said they'd type it. So not only am I not allowed to do shit, but they will prob tell the teacher that I didn't help. Great.

Talked to another girl and she said she'd take me home as I didn't want to stay later than I wanted. I assumed they were downstairs working on the project ( I had a client and couldn't work on it after our class ). Get to the parking lot and her car is gone. Great. Soo... If I hadn't asked this other girl, what would have happened? Didn't tell me she was leaving. Great.

My advice... How do I handle this? I want to stay friends with her but it seems she's just wanting to drop me as a friend. And with the project, if they aren't allowing me to do anything and changed shit I had done already, what happens to my grade?? I don't want a zero. I have found a new ride for the morning, and just plan on walking home at night so that's okay but.. *sigh* I guess this was more of a vent then advice but I would still like some feed back. Hope this all made sense, if not, I apologize. Doesn't make sense to me either.

I hate girls, lol.

MelissaAnn

I hope this doesnt sound mean but why would you want to be "friends" with someone who treats you that way? Thats not what I would define as a friend. If someone did that to me, id be more than happy to never speak to them again. Sorry about the project though
ssad.gif

MissAlexisDDD

It just sucks, you know? I don't necessarily want to be friends again (after thinking it over) but I don't wanna get fucked over on that project.
ssad.gif

Simply Elegant

As for the project, get your ideas out there and tell them you want them to listen to your input before they get too far into the project and ask what was wrong with what you had come up with before. I'd keep it civil but I would not continue the friendship.

bebs

I' dont know about anybody else, but I'd talk to the professor before hand, most of the time they can be seriously understanding to these problems as they do see the drama and problems that occur within the classroom. letting them know before hand can be the difference between a pass and fail.

as for the girls I'd say ask for your notes back as well, there is no need to be friends with somebody who treats you like that

jjjenko

Yeah, I'd say for the project... Have a serious talk with the professor, they will be able to help you out.

x0besoz

Girls can be really mean and full of drama. "friends" come and go TRUE friends don't do that so i would just take it as a loss. Its better that u find out what type of person she is now than down the line.
Like a lot of other girls suggested i think you should have a talk with your teacher explain the situation. Its not the first time they have had to deal with this.

Best if luck and enjoy the time you have in beauty school!

cazgh

hi hunny, hope your ok - you deffo need to speak to the teacher to make sure that you are covered - guess this girl is giving you signals loud and clear and she obviously decided to go over to the dark side by the sounds of things... her loss! Also mention that your notes have been taken and not returned - try to get them back and maybe start work on doing as much of the project on your own as you can. It might be way more difficult but is probably going to be much better for you if you can - but really speak to the teach first and dont hold anything back - this might be about team work but if your team is doing this sort of thing to you - it is bullying and you shouldn't have to work with it. Hope it works out and just try to rise up above it - at least dont let them see it gets you down.

HUGS!!!

MissAlexisDDD

Thanks girls.
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

Today was actually really really good. They didn't talk to me or even look at me today. That part sucked but, eh. Found out today alot of girls, that I thought were acquantinces, are actually turning out into really good friends. Got invited to a swimming and barbeque type thing and talked to more people than I have there before (because I just kinda stayed within my group) and it feels great actually branching out and realising how a true friend, or even a real friend should be. ^_^

Folie

As another poster said, I would switch groups if possible. If not, try to work with others who value your input. I was in a situation once where I didn't have a car. I had a longer commute than you. I just want to suggest, try not to take rides from people. When people do things for you, they sometimes get resentful and feel you owe them things. I would just walk or take the bus. You said it was within walking distance. People are funny. It's easy to say you're friends. However, when you have to do something, like give someone a ride, it can be becoming tiring. I'm not saying this is the case, but it's best to "leave" before you wear out your welcome. Unless this new girl offers, I would walk to school on my own.

Meisje

These girls seem really difficult and high-maintenance. Maybe others were avoiding you because they assumed that since you were hanging with them, you were the same way. Now that they see a divide there, new folks will probably be more eager to get to know you.

Definitely pursue these other friendships. Rebecca and Mikala are awfully Regina George.

MissAlexisDDD

Lol, if anyone was regina it'd be karen and gretchen as mikala. Ah mean girls referances. <3

It's too late to switch groups. I have my stuff done and when it comes time to present that's when I'll say my final words to them.

Thanks for all the support everyone, I really appreciate it.

MissAlexisDDD

Update: They are being the biggest bitches in the world. I went to an instructor and long story short I get to do my own project.
smiles.gif