Beer hair rinse?

IcePrincess2250

Hey all,

Lately, the magazines that I read have been suggesting a "beer hair rinse" as the new thing for shiny bouncy hair. You shampoo and condition as usual, and then pour the beer down over your hair as the final rinse, leave it for 3-4 minutes, and then rinse with cool water. Have any of you heard about this? Has anyone tried it? I googled it and found some "recipes" (um, just one ingredient needed: beer), but I'm not sure how well this rinse is supposed to work. Any thoughts?
hmm.gif

..kels*

that's bizzare.. i'd be scared to try it out. wouldn't it make your hair smell like you'd been out boozing all night??
hmm.gif

d_flawless

i just read that in in touch magazine...sounds interesting, but i doubt it works more than aethetically, since beer messes with your skin's appearance when ingested...i don't how it works as far as hair health goes.

xsnowwhite

hmm not sure.
but i remember reading a while back that it can lighten hair too. Supposedly it can make blonde hair brighter and blonder but not sure about that either.

pumpkincat210

I've done it. It makes your hair really shiny and clean. However i wouldn't do it too much because it may dry out your hair. And rinse, rinse, rinse so your head doesn't smell.

juli

I have done it few times in the past. I heard that it lightens ur hair color and that was the reason why I tried it! teehehe

I have dark brown hair :p

whisper2scream

Bad idea. Any food or drink is better in your body than on your head. This goes for the avocado masks, eggs on your hair, milk rinses, beer rinses, etc. Trust me on this one. When I was about 17 I had long hair and tried to make it shinier and healthier with this stuff... I just ended up with stringy hair. I'm not sure which food product did it, but I'd say "nay" on all counts.

MAC is love

Ha...I just read about this in Cosmo. I guess once in a while it's good if you use it, and then carefully rinse it out. It makes your hair super shiny. I'm gonna have to try it out.

Latest posts