Beige-ing and Shimmersand

amethyst_twine

I though I bought beige-ing today. Well, the box stated beige-ing but the shadestick was shimmersand.

How different are beige-ing and shimmersand? I haven't used either before. Right now, I'm quite lazy to go back for an exchange or try both shades at the counter.

karen

shimmersand is more golden, while beige-ing is more of a flat beige.
I use beige-ing with my cooler eyeshadow colours as a browbone highlight. Sometimes warm colours, too; but lately I've been using taupographic(another shadestick) as a highlight with warm. shimmersand is a very pretty colour, too. If I owned it, I would likely use it as another complement for warmer colours.

giz2000

If you are usingthe Shadestick as a shadow base, then you can't go wring with either Shimmersand or Beige-ing...I don't use them anywhere else but on the lid, and that gets covered up with the shadow..if you were planning on using it as a highlight as well, then Shimmersand is the better color...so it all works out!

Liz

i use both. they're both pretty neutral colors and go well with almost every e/s color. (if you're going for a matte e/s look and don't want shimmer, then don't use a shadestick because they all have shimmer.)

in fact i use shimmersand the most because it does have a little more color than beige-ing which can look a little silvery.

Femme Noir

I don't like Shimmersand at all. It was one of the first shadesticks i bought and I wish i would have bought beige-ing. Shimmersand has too much warmth to it and i think it looks awful on me. I'm quite pale. But then again, maybe you would like the warmth. That's just my opinion though. I've had it for so long and I think i've used it once.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen
shimmersand is more golden, while beige-ing is more of a flat beige.

I agree. I would also say I use Shimmersand more.

talk2mesun

I'm extremely pale and Beig-ing is great for me, Shimmersand is too dark. My mom is 10 shades darker than I am, amd Beig-ing looks like junk on her whereas Shimmersand is definitely her color!

Classic Beauty

It all depends on your coloring. I prefer beig-ing to shimmersand and I am NC20. I also find beig-ing easier to work with because it is creamier. Shimmersand is a little drier than beig-ing. Beig-ing is just a shimmery beige. Shimmersand is a light copper. HTH!

ztatrixie

i like shimmersand under bronzier colors like honesty. it makes my blue eyes pop.
smiles.gif