Belle Azure Disappointment?

askewchick

Is anyone else out there getting a disappointing impression from the Belle Azure collection? I haven't seen it in person yet, but judging by the photos and the buzz, it looks kind of weak for several reasons:

* Belle Azure eyeshadow *is* Freshwater.
* Elite is essentially Amber Lights but in VP finish.
* Leisure Time looks hideous and is similar (but more bruisy) than Plum Dressing.
* The lipsticks are all apparently pretty weak.
* The pearlizers are apparently quite chalky and boring.

The items that stand out, from what I've heard are:

* Rayothon is nice and versatile, but nothing too unique.
* The bronzing sticks are apparently fab for those who use bronzing products (little nc15 me can't pull that off!).
* Lucky Green is supposedly excellent.

Wah! I was so looking forward to this collection, too!

Has anyone heard anything about Elle lipglass? I'm wondering if it is sheer and wearable or if it'll be too milky and opaque?

roxybc

I'm not getting anything from it either. I'm waiting for the new brush sets and palettes in July.

hp11989

I'm planning to get Lucky Green, and you just answered my question about Leisuretime. I was hoping it was like a VP version of Swish. Who needs another punched-eye plum is what I wanna know :)

ishtarchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybc
I'm not getting anything from it either. I'm waiting for the new brush sets and palettes in July.

Same here

Sanne

thanks somuch for telling me that freshwater and belle azure is the same e/s, I would probably have found that one out when I got home!!! that sucks big time I was really hoping for a new shade of blue!

Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp11989
Who needs another punched-eye plum is what I wanna know :)

OMG I thought I was the only one! I went and bought "Plum" from Madame B. Huge mistake.

moonrevel

I'm not doing back-flips for anything, but I will be tempted into buying at least a few things, just because I love a gimmick and the packaging for this collection is right up that alley (tacky? maybe. gimmicky? YES!). Besides, when I get to the MAC counter I get that sort of makeup-induced haze, the lights put me in a trance, and everything looks so pretty, and I just find myself handing over my credit card.

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrevel
I'm not doing back-flips for anything, but I will be tempted into buying at least a few things, just because I love a gimmick and the packaging for this collection is right up that alley (tacky? maybe. gimmicky? YES!). Besides, when I get to the MAC counter I get that sort of makeup-induced haze, the lights put me in a trance, and everything looks so pretty, and I just find myself handing over my credit card.

Lol same here!!!

I went to mac right after work, and I bought the green e/s and the 2 bronze ones, and rose d'or stick.

I think leisuretime e/s will look really pretty on darker skinstones, but was a big nono for me whiteass girly!

foreveratorifan

^ LOL

i'm just going to look at the powders and sticks and check out the new lipglasses that i missed out on last month (due to budget constraints LOL...since I loved DBohemia so much!!!)...

Juneplum

Quote:
Besides, when I get to the MAC counter I get that sort of makeup-induced haze, the lights put me in a trance, and everything looks so pretty, and I just find myself handing over my credit card.

greengrin.gif
SO TRUE!!!! i'm EXACTLY the same way! i get that deer in the headlights look and fall into a mac induced trance!!! LOL
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

jeanna

I MUST HAVE LUCKY GREEN!

greengrin.gif

I saw a swatch of Freshwater next to Belle Azure, and Belle Azure is lighter and brighter than Freshwater (from what I saw anyway). But yes, they are not completely identical
smiles.gif
Haha, listen to me make excuses to justify buying a new eyeshadow...

Also, some people describe Belle Azure as "imagine Freshwater and Kicky Blue having a baby" Hehehe, I thought that was cute!

alt629

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanna
I MUST HAVE LUCKY GREEN!

greengrin.gif

I saw a swatch of Freshwater next to Belle Azure, and Belle Azure is lighter and brighter than Freshwater (from what I saw anyway). If anyone here has both colours and could make a swatch, that would be great! But yes, they are not completely identical
smiles.gif

Also, some people describe Belle Azure as "imagine Freshwater and Kicky Blue having a baby" Hehehe, I thought that was cute!

I found a comparison of freshwater and belle azure on MUA... just do a pic search for belle azure.

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt629
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanna
I MUST HAVE LUCKY GREEN!

greengrin.gif

I saw a swatch of Freshwater next to Belle Azure, and Belle Azure is lighter and brighter than Freshwater (from what I saw anyway). If anyone here has both colours and could make a swatch, that would be great! But yes, they are not completely identical
smiles.gif

I found a comparison of freshwater and belle azure on MUA... just do a pic search for belle azure.

I made swiped both on my hand today @ mac, and they are the SAME. definatly!

Star

I saw the testers today.

The bronzing powders look great. How much use would I have for them? Not much. Very shimmery. Too shimmery for a "work" look.

The pearlizers didn't appear chalky but I didn't try it on my face.

Rayothon looked fabulous to me. OTOH it is a l/g so s-t-i-c-k-y.

Belle Azure is (duh) very, VERY BLUE! Too blue maybe, for me. Lucky Green appeals to me more than Metamorph (still kicking myself for that one). My fave e/s was Elite.

glittergoddess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
Quote:
Besides, when I get to the MAC counter I get that sort of makeup-induced haze, the lights put me in a trance, and everything looks so pretty, and I just find myself handing over my credit card.

greengrin.gif
SO TRUE!!!! i'm EXACTLY the same way! i get that deer in the headlights look and fall into a mac induced trance!!! LOL
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Mhmm that is a perfect description of what I do,.. I get that same Deer in the Headlights look and wander around trying things and have the hardest time choosing,....

brooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybc

did you say palettes??? tell me more PLEASE!

iiifugaziii

Alrighty, I swore that freshwater and belle azure were the same color when I first saw the swatches.... and then somewhere, someone posted freshwater and belle azure on their hand right next to eachother...and they actually looked quite different on. I was surprised. belle has a high level pearl shine to it and it's way pretty! but I can't for the life of me find that post. gah!! frustrating. Whoever posted that pic please post it again! I"ll try to find it...

iiifugaziii

ok i found it in the other post . hhaa. it wasn't too hard to find after all...
maybe freshwater and b.az. look similar.. but i think i still want belle!!
smiles.gif
i can't resist... it looks different so i have to get it.
baeyeshadows.jpg