Belly Piercing..

dancegirl

Hey, my name is Erin. I knwo this is a makeup site and all, but is there a place on this site whre i can post questions about getting my bellybutton pierced?? OR, if anyone can help me please do so!!
smiles.gif

Also, if you are going to move this post somewhere more "appropriate" if you can, TELL ME where you move it...cuz then idk where ppl move it and i can't find it anymore.
Thanks

Erin

Divinity

You may want to do a search to see if there is a thread about this. I've had mine pierced for years. What do you want to know?

Tashona Helena

I've had my belly button pierced for a while as well. I recently got my tongue done, and I've had my nose done for a couple years. I can say out of all three, not to scare you or anything...the belly hurt the worse. But, I was the most comfortable with the healing of the belly button. As long as you keep the jewelry in for about 3+ months/until it heals (because everyone's healing time is different) you'll be fine. The only thing to worry about is rejection. I've know a handful of girls whose bb ring has rejected...not fun.
ssad.gif
You can look on wikipedia (this helped me when I got my tongue done) and bmezine for more info. I got mine done with a curved needle btw, a lot of people say that theirs was done with a straight and didn't hurt has much.

chameleonmary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashona Heléna
I can say out of all three, not to scare you or anything...the belly hurt the worse.

Mine too... and that is in comparison to my conch and tragus piercing which many people say is very very painful!

I had mine pierced freehand and really felt it... maybe its the fact that I prefer cartilage piercings because they heal better. Healing for belly button is a bitch... it doesnt want to heal properly! It is clean for a few weeks then gets a little icky, then goes back to normal, weird...

gitts

I have also had my belly button pierced. Twice actually. The first time I had it done with a ring and it refused to heal properly. Then I had it done with a bar. It took for ever to heal and still flares up around that time of the month but I love it and refuse to take it out.

SoutherNtellect

i had the regular vertical navel and it refused to heal and rejected...because of the improper amount of skin there.
A better piercer took one look and could tell, so we did a diagonal navel and it healed much more comfortably

purrtykitty

Yeah, I had mine pierced about 8 years ago and it was fairly painful (however, I also have a high tolerance for pain). But it healed alright and it doesn't get infected much...just when I catch the piercing on something and I break the skin open a little.

Tashona Helena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chameleonmary
Mine too... and that is in comparison to my conch and tragus piercing which many people say is very very painful!

I had mine pierced freehand and really felt it... maybe its the fact that I prefer cartilage piercings because they heal better. Healing for belly button is a bitch... it doesnt want to heal properly! It is clean for a few weeks then gets a little icky, then goes back to normal, weird...

Yeah that's very true about the healing being inconsistent...I had the same problem...one time it was bleeding and stuff but then I cleaned it and kept an eye on it and it was a-ok. I was like WTF?

I was telling the guy who pierced my tongue about the whole ordeal...because the piercer kept on asking to pierce my lower navel but I was adamant about getting my top done. So he did it with the curved needle I guess to make it deeper (because I didn't have a lot of skin there)? The guy who pierced my tongue said he honestly wouldn't have done it because he knew the healing process would've been a bitch for me...lol. It was okay tho. Like I said it's all about taking care of it and keeping a close eye on it.

Hilly

I had mine done a LOOONNGG time ago and it was kind of painful when I got it pierced. I really didn't have many problems with it tho.

Divinity

I HAD to have mine done at 18 (10 years ago already!) and my mom HAD to come with me. Unfortunately, my piercer was not the wisest of the wise in the ways of taking care of the piercing and an infection and antibiotics later, it was fine.

eye_pr0mise

i have my belly button pierced, it was my first one. then got my tongue pierce (but ended up taking it out) and i also have my nose pierced.

in my opinion, i think my belly button was my least painful. honestly i didnt even feel it. i just laid there and me and my friend were talking. and i guess i was totally distracted bc all of a sudden the lady was like okay, you can get up now. lOl.

so take your ipod put earphones on get distracted in a song and you'll be good to go hehe.

Sushi.

I had my belly button pierced and it was honestly the least painful piercing ive ever gotten (and ive had my nose done, vertical labret, monroe, conch, helix, sternum and pubic bar) My friend pierced it for me (which i dont reccomend you do) but i just did it for fun cause everyone else was getting piercings so i did'nt keep it for that long, as it was'nt something i really wanted.

breechan

I had mine done when I was 15 (my mom would only allow me if I got good grades on my piano exam, talk about motivation!).

It didn't hurt too bad since the piercer put a clamp thingy on it first. He's the most famous and respected piercer in Winnipeg. I felt pretty confident about him! I got a whole booklet about after piercing care too.

I was able to go to dance class that night, and did ab crunches without much pain. And it didn't hurt much unles it got caught in my belt buckle (eek!). It pussed and oozed from time to time and the pus smelled foul.

After 3 months It was totally healed and I could change the ring.

Wow, that was a loooooooong time ago, I forget its there most of the time, but I still love it. It's uncommon in Japan so I feel kinda special.

Kalico

I had my belly button pierced 5 years ago. The only other piercings I've had were in my ears. I was expecting it to be horrifically painful, but I remember thinking he must not have pierced it yet when he had.

I kinda just forget about it now.

user79

I had mine done many years ago when I was traveling. At first it didn't heal because the piercer told me to clean it with a really strong alcohol, this prevented the skin from healing propperly. It was very painful, so when I got back home I called another piercing studio where I had had something else pierced before, and they told me not to clean with alcohol, but just to wash it twice a day with a clear soap (something like Pears) and water. After that it healed pretty quickly, and I didn't have a problem with it rejecting.

User93

haha i had my bellybutton pierced about 2 years ago, and here's the story, pretty funny.

Well, i decided to have it done when i was about 15, i was soooo jealous of any single lady i saw at the beach with a belly button pierced, i was stuck in a jewerly stores when saw some nice bellybutton earrings
th_drool.gif
i wanted it really bad, but was scared. So well, then at 17 i finally got to do that. I knew my Mom won't like the idea at all
nonono.gif
, so one day i drop by and say "Mom, i gonna have my belly button peirced",
cutey.gif
and she looks at me and says like "uuuhmmm" thinking i'm kidding. Then 1 week later i drop by informing her again, and once again she didnt pay much attention. So ok, the day X came and me and my frienmd went to peirce me. I was scared really, the tatoo/piercing artist was a huge guy with tatoos all over, but well, really experienced dude. It didnt hurt at all, i had some unpleasent feeling while me
gave a shot with anestesia, but that was it. The one thing i was really afraid of was changing the earing, so i made my friend swear she will help me the 1st time
yesmaster.gif
But then in 7 days it started to hurt really bad, the hole was really red plus hurted all the time with that annoying "pulsating" pain.
001_unsure.gif
So at night i took my earring off, put some medical cream and decided to say nye to my piercing. I was without it for 2 days (as i just pierced it, it could "close"). Then on the 3rd day i though "wtf am i doing, i wanted it for ages", came home, put some perfume on an earring to disinfect it, put some vaseline on my belly button and stick the earring back
dance.gif
. It was hirting for some weeks, but i wanted it really bad/kept on disinfecting + putting a band-aind over it for my sweater not to rub agains it). It 2 months it was all good, now there is not any single problem with it, i loooove my piered belly, love how it looks, love earrings).

I would say, if you're sure you want it - go for it. Keep in mind that there can be some problems/unpleasent feelings/little pain, but it worts it!

And oh - i've told my Mom in a month since i did it, simply by pulling up mu t-shirt and saying like "Moooom, check this out! Remember i've told you"
th_DANCE.gif

I couldnt tell her before it was ok, knowing my Mom ( <3 ) she would have been afraid i'll have gangrene or something and come check how is my belly button doing 3 times a night
winkiss.gif

lovelyweapon

^^ I also got pierced at 17, but you are crazy! You can't put perfume on a ring to disinfect it! lol. I'm surprised everything turned out ok w/out getting severely infected. Also, alcohol closes the piercing right away especially if it is a new piercing. You were also lucky the piercer gave you anesthesia - I had to do it with nothing!! It hurt a lot, but I also had been dying to do it.

If you have any questions about your piercing you can PM me and I'd love to help out. I love my piercing, I still have it after 2-3 years.

alehoney

ive had mine for 3 years. Mine didnt hurt at all...but maybe because i was so scared that it would hurt that when the needle actually went in i didnt even feel it. i was told to use an anti-bacterial soap to wash around it and to move it around... it healed in about a month.

MisaMayah

OMG that sounds crazy!! U sprayed perfume to disinfect?lol oh my ;P

I got mine done when I was 16, i've had it for 8 years now!! My mum was also against it but in the end she was the one that took me & paid for it!lol =) I was thinking I should close it up but my fiance likes it so i've kept it in..maybe when I have my first baby i'll close it up!

The bellyring I have right now sometimes gets caught on my clothes or any kind of stitching because I bought the wrong bar length, its way too long!! And the other ones I have are dangly or fancy and im scared it'll get caught on something even worse,lol.

Mine actually started hurting a few years back, it may have been because I neglected to take it out and clean it properly for a while. My piercing closed up and I was thinking to get it re-pierced. However I thought to do it myself,lol. I sat down and started poking about with my bellyring..OMG I was sweating and it took ages but I got the job done LOL.

So ladies remember to throughoughly clean your piercing once a month, take the ring out and use rubbing alcohol or any other suitable disinfecting product! I also clean it once a week keeping the piercing in, I soak a q-tip with rubbing alcohol and clean around the piercing and the actual bellyring =)

User93

Well girls, now i'm pretty much surprised myself it was ok, and yes, stupid me, i sprayed that perfume on an earring (i thought like.. uhm.. it contains alcohol for sure, so it should disinfect it, and i had nothing else at home)/ I was 17 and desperate
choochoo.gif

and i'm so damn happy i kept it, i loooove all this earring, they look so damn seducing