Benefit Brow Bar - Arch Expert

ShortnSassy

so wednesday i have an interview at the first ulta opening in my town and i'm so excited! i applied for the position of arch expert at the benefit brow bar. i looked up working at ulta and so far i'm finding mixed reviews - to me it sounds like i really depends on what location you are working at and what type of manager you have.
have any of you ladies worked this position before? or know someone who has? i'm a licensed esthetician and love doing brows so i'm confident in my skills but i'm still trying to find out some more information about the position. thank ladies!

ShortnSassy

since nobody seems to have much information on this position i will post my experience at the interview so that i can pass it on!
yes.gif

my interview was fairly quick considering it was a group - there were 3 of us and the other two estheticians being interviewed with me were friends of mine from when we were all in beauty school so that helped to calm my nerves a little!
the brow bar position basically means that you are working behind the benefit counter but you also specialize in brow waxes, and even though working at ulta you don't work off of comission, working at the brow bar you do since it's just like working the benefit counter at a department store.
once i found out the details of the position i decided it really was not for me. although i love benefit, i don't really feel like i necessarily represent the brand very well... i have turquoise hair, dramatic eye makeup and i feel like a different brand (like mac!) suits me better. i just really don't want to work comission, i hate that more than anything, so i called my manager and told her how i felt. the last thing i would want to happen is to get further into the interview process or even get hired and then 2 weeks in realize i hate my job and quit and screw everyone over.
my manager was very cool about it and suggested i apply for the prestige position (can't remember the exact name?) and said that as of now they don't have any other candidates who have applied for it so i have a really good chance!
th_DANCE.gif

i really hope i get hired at ulta! helllooo employee discount!

Latest posts