Benefit versus Urban Decay

ellienellie

Primers - which do you rate best?
I've never used benefit, but have heard good things about it. On the other hand I do use Urban Decay PP, and I love it.

I'm just curious whether it's worth trying benefit lemon aid??

RoseyPosey

if it aint broke...dont fix it

At least thats the way i see it.

I LOVE urban decay all around for eye stuff since ive only used urband decay eye stuff (ie: shadows, udpp)

buttt i LOVE Benefit's lipglosses! they are amazing and i even prefer them over mac tinted lipglass anyday!

If you have a Sephora ask for a sample. i get samples on EVERYTHING from foundation to smashbox photofinish primer, etc... and they are ALWAYS willing to give a huge sample, so you can try it a few times before deciding!

ellienellie

Excellent!
Thanks for that Rosey
smiles.gif

RoseyPosey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellienellie
Excellent!
Thanks for that Rosey
smiles.gif

No problem hun!!!

I just really cant say enough about Urban Decay's shadows and primer. Especially the shadows though! Even withut primer, they last! And the color and texture are amazing!!!!! When i go to Sephora, i look around but never find any shadows i like more than UD's.

But I am IN LOVE with Benefit's lipgloss! "you didnt hear it from me" is my favortie one!

PolyphonicLove

She's right, Benefit's glosses kick all kinds of ass. Her Glossiness? Absolute GENIUS. I can't say enough about them.

And yeah, UD shadows are the greatest. Super pigmented and long lasting. Right now I'm trying to see if they have a shadow similar to Expensive Pink [they fucking have to, raa]. Their shadows are so worth the money.

I like UDPP, but another primer to try is Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I've heard claims that its even BETTER than UDPP because its easier to blend shadows on top of it -which can be a pain sometimes with UDPP. It costs $1 more, but that's nothing. The packaging is also superior because you can get every last drop, and not worry about cutting the container to get well over half of the primer out. I just stick with UD because its available here. I've never tried Lemon Aid, but I've heard good things. Try checking reviews over at Makeup Alley if you haven't already.

gigiopolis

UDPP
PROS: Intensifies colours, absolutely NO creasing even for an oily-lidded gal like myself. Well, actually I wore eyeshadow for like 20 hours one time (prom, we had dry aftergrad too...and they didn't let bring in my makeup bag! WTF?) and it creased. But only a little. And 20 hours, come on.

CONS: Stupid packaging, harder to blend shadows.

Benefit Lemon Aid
PROS: Neutralizes lid colour (disguises veins, redness, etc), is creamy and easy to blend eyeshadows.

CONS: Creases!! Not as much as wearing just eyeshadow with no base, but pales in comparison to UDPP's ultra non-creasing action. That could just be my super oily lids though.

So, in conclusion...get UDPP if creasing is a major problem, but get Lemon Aid if you like some coverage with the product and easy blending.

Or, you could try Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but I haven't tried that before...I'm going to buy it when I run out of UDPP.

PolyphonicLove

^^ gigiopolis, I remember SLEEPING in eyeshadow once...I was laying on my arm, so my makeup was all smudged on one side, but I looked in the mirror, and that eyeshadow hadn't budged one bit. I HAD to have been rubbin that eye, too. UDPP is the shiz. only products Ive used that's compared was wet n wild's creme shadow, and its discontinued!

ellienellie

Awesome advice thanks ladies
smiles.gif

I personally LOVE UDPP. But I've never tried their glosses or shadows!
Now I must!!

smiles.gif

abbyquack

Since we're on the topic of Benefit, how do you guys like the rest of their line of products? I was looking at this primer-esque product, a balm that you put on before foundation, does anyone know if this is any good??

PolyphonicLove

From reviews I've seen/heard, its amazing. I don't think it'll really control oil well, but if you have normal/dry skin, it'll work pretty well. It really does brighten, though.

peacelover18

Honestly, from what I've heard, Benefit is pretty much a hit-and-miss brand. I know a lot of people love the packaging, but the products are mostly eh.

Latest posts