Best Base for Gold Shadows

Conlly

So I recently bought Gorgeous Gold e/s, love it, but I find the color fades pretty quick. With summer coming up and I want to be able to wear gold and have it stay! Right now I use painterly as a base, I was thinking of getting Bare Study or rubenesque paint pot, but I was wondering if anyone here had some helpful insight for making golds standout! (I looked through the best gold shadow thread but I didn't see anything) Thanks in advance!
thmbup.gif

Mabelle

i dont have a problem with it fading, but maybe something with a yellowish base? like lemon chiffon shade stick.... or brassy fluidline?

Conlly

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDUB*BELLA
If you could get your hands on Cash Flow Paint Pot from Fafi. Its PERRRRRFECT for Golds

I keep checking all cosmetics wholesale hoping to find it! I'm going down to Seattle soon (I'm from Canada). I want to check out the CCO and hopfully *crosses fingers* they will having, but I'm kinda planning on not

nunu

Try Rubenesque paint pot, but if you can get your hands on Uppity fluidline (LE holliday 2007), that would be perfect as well.

kittykit

Gorgeous Gold is one of my favourite colours! I always use Bare Canvas as the base, apply Nylon on the lid and then apply Gorgeous Gold.

Conlly

Thanks for you help
specktra_rocks.gif
So I will be making a trip to MAC to get Nylon (I don't own this yet) and I think I will try Ruebenesque (heck maybe I will get Bare Study too) I have it is super pretty so! Thanks again!

User38

When I want a gold color to look more golden and last loooongggg... I will use an eye pencil like Stila 24-7 in Honey. It will absolutely make the color pop and also make it really waterproof
smiles.gif

DirtyHarriet

for golds my fail proof formula is:

eye shadow insurance or udpp
then baselight paint

makes the golds pop and last all day!

MrsMay

For yellowy golds I use corn shadestick, and for bronzy golds I use either Indianwood paintpot, Cedarrose shadestick or Penny shadestick.

Lotte

To make my 'gorgeous gold' show up and stay I always use Corn Shadestick or Cash Flow paint pot.
Try to get your hands on these !