Best black eyeliner

hundove

I want to buy a good black eyeliner that goes on smoothly in the waterline also.
I know blacktrack fluidline is good, but it is expensive. Is it worth the money? Is there a cheaper eyeliner that works just as good?
What do you use to line your eyes?
Thanks!

Lady_MAC

It's really worth the money because you do not need very much at all. I also use Engraved powerpoint pencil, that's really good too. It's so smooth and lasts for forever and a day.

hundove

Thanks, Ladymac and Lalli!
What about non-mac black liners? Anyone have some good suggestions?

Lalli

Rimmel has a really nice Khol in jet black, its like £3 here and is worth it.

Sam_33

I use good old fashioned Maybeline brow pencil (the red pencil) in black.
It never ever runs. I swipe it through a flame from a lighter very quickly, let it cool off and walla! Yes, old fashioned, but to this day everyone always asks me why my eyeliner never runs.

An added note: It washes off very nicely too.
All for maybe $3.00 for the too pencils.
Sometimes the old stuff still works better than the new creations.
th_worship.gif

Lady_MAC

There's always Bonnebell...I actually have 4 of the black ones. I personally find them to be awesome and....$2 (or less) a pop! It does on smoothly, but is not waterproof.

myrifle

it's so frickin hard to apply blacktrack to the waterline! either that or I suck but it's hard for me lol. I like Urban Decay's in Soot. A really cheap one that glides on with no hassle is Covergirl's Perfect Point Plus, it's super smooth but lasting power is OK. Another favorite of mine is Benefit Kohl *the one with the smudger on the other end*

Temptasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_33
I use good old fashioned Maybeline brow pencil (the red pencil) in black.
It never ever runs. I swipe it through a flame from a lighter very quickly, let it cool off and walla! Yes, old fashioned, but to this day everyone always asks me why my eyeliner never runs.

An added note: It washes off very nicely too.
All for maybe $3.00 for the too pencils.
Sometimes the old stuff still works better than the new creations.
th_worship.gif

Hehehe glad I am not the only one.

I love the red pencil.
smiles.gif
To make it last, I pat on some black eyeshadow on top to set it around the waterline.

kimmy

i think Blacktrack f/l is definately worth the money. it was my first f/l and i got it because i was so frustrated with nothing staying on my waterline, but it stays incredibly well. it's only 15$, so it's not way too much and you only need to use a little tiny bit at a time so that 15$ pot can last months and months and months
winks.gif

bellaetoile

chanel aqua crayon in very black
lancome crayon kohl in (whatever the black shade is called, it wore off my pencil)

best two EVER for waterline. both kinda pricey, but they go on SO smooth. i can't believe i found something i like better than blacktrack. i found these two pencils in my makeup bin, because i'd forgotten i even had them. they're both AMAZING.

Salynn

I really love Laura Mercier Cake Eyeliner. It's cake eyeliner. You can create many looks with this liner.

asnbrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
chanel aqua crayon in very black
lancome crayon kohl in (whatever the black shade is called, it wore off my pencil)

best two EVER for waterline. both kinda pricey, but they go on SO smooth. i can't believe i found something i like better than blacktrack. i found these two pencils in my makeup bin, because i'd forgotten i even had them. they're both AMAZING.

How long do these stay? Blacktrack is amazing, but it takes SO LONG TO DRY (I have to hold my eyelid open so it doesn't get on my contact before it dries). Hm. I'm going to Macy's later this week- I'll give them a look-see

XxTinker_BellxX

Fluidline is so worth the money. never even thought about buying it... but my b/f talked me into it, well into letting him get it for me... and low and behold... i fell in love and bought 2 more the next day. That and the 266.... is like GOD... expensive... but its SOooooo worth it. waterproof and goes on ike buttah baby
winks.gif

brooklyncore

i like Clinique quickliner for eyes...it goes on sooo smoothly, is a little more gentle than traditional pencils, stays put, and doesn't irritate my contacts along the waterline.

likeomgsteffduh

I ussually dip a angled brush inside of She-Laq and run it over the eyeliner....it makes the liner a lot bolder/darker and it totally waterproofs the liner and it lasts all day and night.
greengrin.gif