best blending tool

iluvtinkerbell23

so, i see all of your lovely fotds with the most beautiful blending. what is your best blending tool for MAC shadows? i mostly use my fingers(i know, bad), but what do you guys use?

Turbokittykat

MAC brushes. Which one depends on what I'm doing. I most commonly use a 222 or a 224 for blending my eye shadow. The 217 is useful too.

exodus

I use... my fingers?
lol.gif
I guess I must be bad with my brushes, because I only like them to pick up pigment from the e/s and pat them on my lids. When I try to blend with them, I seem to brush off most of the colour, so I like using my fingers to "press" the colour onto my skin. It works for me
greengrin.gif

makeup_junkie

I've never used my fingers before....maybe I'll try that. I use the 224 brush but I seem to lose a lot of the vividness of the color. So I'm curious also to know what everyone else uses.

lovejam

I use the 272 for nearly all aspects of e/s application, including blending. It's a very versatile brush.
smiles.gif

SonRisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvtinkerbell23
so, i see all of your lovely fotds with the most beautiful blending. what is your best blending tool for MAC shadows? i mostly use my fingers(i know, bad), but what do you guys use?

BRUSHESSSSS!

Jude

I swear by All Over Shaders. Brushes with a larger, flatter surface and concentrated bristles that allow you to blend quickly before the colors get muddied.

Stila #5 and the Sephora brush has worked better for me than any other brush I have tried.

cinnamongurlee

it really depends on teh formulation and the intensity of the colour for me. i usually use my Lancome shader brush, but there is also the MAC 224, 252 and 213 that i use as well

blaherina

I have an large e/s brush that's too big for my lids (does that make sense? too big to use for a dark color on my lid= too sloppy) so I just run that brush over my e/s when I'm all finished to blend. I got it at Target.

mspixieears

Not MAC recs but UD blending brush, but more so PrettyPretty eye/cheek brush. It's marked as being an eye shader and it does a fab job. It's a flat, wide synthetic brush - check DopeSickGirl's description of all-over shaders - that's what this is.

user3

I use a flat thick blender brush. I think the name of the brand is Face Secrets. I picked it up at Sally's beauty.
Sometimes I use my fingers. I just getting the hang of blending.

PhonyBaloney500

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeSickGirl
I swear by All Over Shaders. Brushes with a larger, flatter surface and concentrated bristles that allow you to blend quickly before the colors get muddied.

Stila #5 and the Sephora brush has worked better for me than any other brush I have tried.

Do you blend after you've applied all the colors? Sorta swipe the brush in one direction over the whole eye or...?