Best Blush to use for contouring?

lethaldesign

I'm a C2/C3 in Studio Fix compact or Sunkissed Fair in EM. I've been using my Refined Golden Bronzer to contour my cheeks, but its a little too bronze-y for that area of my face I think. I want something a little more matte, maybe a Satin? What would be the best blush (MAC or other, I'm open to many brands) for contouring?

TIA!

Kiseki

If you want to contour, definitely wear a matte product, if you want to add depth, anything with a satiny, even if slight glow will result in the opposite.

The only MAC blush I can think of is "Emote" from Smoke Signals, but I would try the modeling palette from Make Up For Ever, the darker shade has a subtle hint of gray that helps create the illusion of shadow and depth.

dmenchi

i'd suggest strada blush-it is matte and really fantastic for a lot of skin types
smiles.gif

frocher

Emote is beautiful, a natural MSF that is a shade or two darker is also a really natural look.

GreekChick

Wait for the Sculpt and Shape Collection to come out! It will be blush duos, so you'll have your highlighter, and your contour color all in one.

lethaldesign

I picked up Emote yesterday... trying to decide if I like it or if its too "grey" for me. I think I just need to use a lighter hand when applying... I'm using the 168 - anybody else use a different brush for contouring?

I definitely want to check out the Sculpt & Shapers as well!

Joss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
Wait for the Sculpt and Shape Collection to come out! It will be blush duos, so you'll have your highlighter, and your contour color all in one.

Thank you GreekChick, this is good to know ...

Do you know if one will look like Emote?

Thanks
smiles.gif

GreekChick

Hm, good question.
From what I remember, the color Sculpt, in the Accentuate/Sculpt duo might be the closest one to Emote. I'll have to verify that and get back to you. Sculpt has taupe in it, however I'm not sure if its as cool toned as Emote.

xphoxbex

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethaldesign
I picked up Emote yesterday... trying to decide if I like it or if its too "grey" for me. I think I just need to use a lighter hand when applying... I'm using the 168 - anybody else use a different brush for contouring?

I definitely want to check out the Sculpt & Shapers as well!

i have that problem too. it looks too grey on me, and make me look like i have a dirty face lol. but maybe i'm putting on too much, have u fixed this problem yet? let me know.

Latest posts