best brush for blushcreme?

xtinemelanie

I just scored a Summer Lily blushcreme for a bit cheaper than retail
smiles.gif

I use my fingers to apply it, but is there a brush thats good besides the 187 (I use my 187 strictly for MSFs..how spoiled my MSFs are!)? I probably am going to get Blossoming from Culturebloom pretty soon =P

Any help is appreciated!

aziajs

I am glad you asked this. I didn't want to use my 187 for blushcreme cuz I only have one so maybe I'll try it when I get another one. But in the interim I plan to use my Flirt brush for it. I just bought one for this purpose. I have yet to try it though. So if anyone has I would love to know how it works out. I was considering using my BE heavenly face brush but I'm not sure. I was also thinking of using my 192.

bellaetoile

192. i'm also using my flirt skunk brush until i can buy a second 187 to be used only for liquid products. my first one is reserved primarily for my MSFs as well..

allan_willb

omg dont use the 187....ughhhh your 42 bucks is gonna go down the drain if u do that...powder products ONLY for the 187....only use liquid brushes for the blush creme 190 foundation or 192 cheek

xtinemelanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_willb
omg dont use the 187....ughhhh your 42 bucks is gonna go down the drain if u do that...powder products ONLY for the 187....only use liquid brushes for the blush creme 190 foundation or 192 cheek

LOL Thank you! *whew* I refused to use my 187 since it's strictly my MSF brush. Thanks for the info!!

iiifugaziii

i actually applied it and had someone else put in on me with the 129/116. you dab it on the cheek and then blend. I think it works great.

shabdebaz

The 109 is good, that's what I use. One of the MAs at our counter actually uses the 190. The 187 is not only for powder products actually. A lot of people swear by using this brush to apply foundation for flawless results.

bellaetoile

Quote:

several MAs and many posters on the various boards swear by this brush for cream based products. i've used mine once or twice for foundation and creams, and it worked like a charm. i plan on buying another one, so i can use the first for cream, and the second for powder only. its one of the most versatile brushes i've ever come accross.

Eemaan

in support of that, i also use my 197 with my studio tech foundation, its goes on better than it does with my 190 so i wouldnt hesitate using a different 187 with blushcremes

allan_willb

yes...YOU CAN use the 187 for liquid products but it is best recommended that you use it for only powder products but if u got the money...get a few of em...u know say 1 for msf 1 for creme blush 1 for tech and another for powder blush hehe..allan

oh yea and if u use it for liquid products like hyper real spf or tech the brush will get dirty very fast and dry out like the foundation brush and that means u godda wash it again means more brush cleanser and more hairs to fray and get loose....so I THINK u should only use it for powder k im done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
several MAs and many posters on the various boards swear by this brush for cream based products. i've used mine once or twice for foundation and creams, and it worked like a charm. i plan on buying another one, so i can use the first for cream, and the second for powder only. its one of the most versatile brushes i've ever come accross.

Jude

Quote:

Sorry hun but I am gonna agree with the other poster; you can use the 187 for Blushcremes. It is actually ideal because it picks up the perfect amount of cream to get the healthy flush without going overboard. Also, a lot of MAs use the 187 to apply liquid foundation to get the airbrushed look. The price for the 187 will definately not go down the drain if you expand your horizons with it.

I would not recommend that you use the same 187 brush for MSFs and cream blushes though. I am a bit of a brush whore and invested in a few of the brushes. I keep one strictly for MSFs and the other for cremeblushes. I just wipe them clean after each use with baby wipes and since I have been doing this (about 2 months), I have had no issues with splaying or missing hairs.
smiles.gif

smiles.gif

Eemaan

same here, i have 3 187's, use one for MSFs/blush 1 for my studio tech and 1 for blushcremes or travel. i wash them every other day with baby shampoo and have had no probs.

FemmeNoir

I've used my 187 for both liquid and cream products with great results. I have a question for those of you with the Flirt brush: Is that from Khols? I've been thinking about getting one, as I do not have the money now for another 187.

Thanks!

mspixieears

I plan to use my #192 - have used it with other cream blush/face products and have to say, it seems to apply really well, evenly and doesn't redden the cheeks - sometimes, using one's fingers can actually add redness to the cheeks and obscure the beauty of the blush.

And then after the redness goes away, you end up looking...a little like Bridget Jones (in the 2nd film) arriving at the snotty law dinner. Zoinks.

bellaetoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeNoir
I've used my 187 for both liquid and cream products with great results. I have a question for those of you with the Flirt brush: Is that from Khols? I've been thinking about getting one, as I do not have the money now for another 187.

Thanks!

yes its from kohl's. its not a bad brush CONSIDERING its only like $6, however it is def. not the 187 either. basically its a good brush to use while your saving for another 187, or to use on cream products cause you don't want to use the 187.

Glitziegal

I love blushcremes and swear by the 187. Like Jude says it picks up just the right amount. I wipe it with brush cleaner each day and have had absolutely no problems with fraying etc. I have a separate one for my MSF's and clean this at least once weekly too.

user3

I know it's some $$ but I would have one for powder products and one for cream or liquid.

Foundation brushes do work nice with cream blush if you know how to use it that way. The problem is foundation brushes tend to apply heavy so you have to use a light hand.

I apply with fingers because I get the best control.

Becca makes a nice cream blush brush . It's $37 so the price is not far off from getting another 187.