Best Brush for Mineralize Skin Finish???

Honeylust27

Hi all,

I am considering buying a new Mac brush for my mineralize skin finishes and I'm not sure which one will do the best job.

I was thinking the Kabuki brush -
th_dunno.gif

Does anyone have any suggestions???

lovelydisarray

I would say either the Kabuki or the 134 (crazy expensive though!)

I usually use the 181 which is the LE brush, but I'm sure the 182 would work just as well! Hope that helps! : )

spectrolite

I use these brushes for shimmery MSF's:

116 - it's a blush brush but works great
109 - highlighting brush. It's kind of like a skinny kabuki and works great too!
189 - face brush works really well. It's flat and chiseled so it's awesome for hightlighting
131 - duo fibre. This is the one that came out with Colour Craft. Perrrrfect for applying shimmery MSF's as well as mineralized blushes.

I guess I reach for the 109 most often but I try to give all of them a go so that they don't think I have a favorite >_< For MSF Natural I use my Too Faced Kabuki, or Too Faced Flat Kabuki or the MAC Kabuki.

MrsMay

I use the same brushes for all my cheek products - for a sheer swipe of colour I use the 187, and for a more buffed look I use the 181.

Honeylust27

Thanks all for your suggestions!!!

I love to hear how everyone uses their brushes and it's great to hear of alternatives.

winks.gif

misspresh

I love the 187 - it gives a nice soft effect. If I use a blush brush, it just looks like chunky shimmer, and not in a good way!

tarnii

I use a long handled kabuki from Everyday Minerals, lovely and soft and great value for money. Having said that, I have just ordered a Mac 187 so it will be interesting to see the difference when this much hyped brush finally arives...I really hope it doesn't let me down....

nichollecaren

I love the flat top bronzer from crown...its the one brush I use everyday...I was just thinking last night that if I lost it i'd be doomed!

VickyT

I like the Ecotools Blush brush- I pat the flat side of the brush against the MSF, then pat or sweep it on my face, still flat side down. By patting it on the MSF I don't collect too much on the brush, and by using the flat side the brush fans out and thins it out even more.

I also like to use my 213 for heavy application/small area jobs, using the same technique as above.