Best brush for outer V/crease?

Vicky88

I need a brush to do the outer v/crease... I have the 222 but I find it too big?

Any recommendations? Doesn't have to be MAC!

MacMonster

I use a 275, but my mother swears by the 272 cause it's smaller and gives her more control. I'm a blend freak anyway so I don't have issues with application neatness unless it's eyeliner.

depecher

I have:
219: ok but it is really for a narrow line.
272: good but I find that I get out of control with this one. I am NOT a morning person and have gone wild with it if I am not careful. Yikes!!
222: My absolute LOVE. It just takes practice.

mzreyes

219!!!! then blend blend blend with the 224 or 217
greengrin.gif

MacMonster

maybe I should get one of those :p I'm am artist though in general so I might just have a controlled hand for the larger ones.

Vicky88

Perhaps! I love the 222 for blending, but for application I find it too difficult.
ssad.gif

But at least this gives me an excuse to go to MAC!
greengrin.gif

ebonyannette

I must be crazy but I swear by my 213 and 224. Also sometimes its not the brush but the way you hold it do you have any of the SE brushes?
I use the 213 and hold it at an angle and then hold it at the other angle to create the V then I blend with my 224.

I think SE brushes sometimes are easier to maneuver for us who are learning to blend IMO.

BlahWah

^ I also use the 213se for my crease work (whenever I do, since being Asian I don't really have a crease
lol.gif
). The 219 is too narrow and picks up too much product (for me, anyway). With the 213 I can gently pat the shadow on the area I want it, then blend with the 217. I can also do a sharper crease or a softer one, depending on how I angle the brush. It works for the outer v too, but I'll use the 219 to define it more if I want to that day. HTH!

Latest posts