Best colour e/s for Hazel eyes

xtina420

I have yet to find an eyeshadow that looks good on me. I have strawberry blonde hair and hazel eyes. I am fairly light skinned with freckles. I have tried pinks..Pink Freeze, Sweet Lust...but they make me look so wahed out. Any suggestions?

oddinary

Purples? Creme de Violet, Trax?
smiles.gif

Caitlin

I seem, from your description, to have similar coloring... I find that using a bold color in the crease with a mid tone on the lid and a highlighter on the brow help to keep me from looking washed out... If I just use one light shade as a wash I look washed out too... As for color combos, I don't know what help to offer because I just play until I find ones I like...

janeliwy

perhaps if u like pink try shadestick in gracious me as base or wear alone, im sure it can bump out your pink e/s

midnightlouise

It seems I also have similar coloring, and I have found lately that any kind of grey really makes my eyes stand out without making me look blah. Sounds boring, I know, but it really works for me lol!
smiles.gif

Sanne

I think angelcake would look gorgeous on you! and check out chelsea's pics, she uses lots of colors!

Glitziegal

Hola,
I have hazel eyes but really want to bring out the green in them.
Any recommendations? Either exact shades or general hues

I have NW25 skin whatever that means
oh.gif
ops: , and dark brown bobbed hair with a short fringe. The short fringe draws attention to the eye and brow are so I want to really make them look fab.

I'm new so please be patient with me
graucho.gif

Miss_MAC

i have hazel eyestoo! try purples, salmon colors, coppers.
here are some examples that i think made my eyes look really green:

the oranges in this makes the green pop
P1010314.jpg

and the purples in this make the green pop...think of colors that have red in them..red is the opposite of green on the color wheel..so oranges, pinks, purples, even some browns will makes green stand out...but dont wear green..that will definitely not make it stand out!

P1010324.jpg

kimmy

yeah, try blues also. they will give your eyes a greenish looking tint, but they'll still be noticable hazel. i do blues/browns/coppers on alot of my models with hazel eyes and it looks gorgeous!!

Glitziegal

Thank you folks, I shall give it a go.
I find purples enhance my dark circles under my eyes, but will def try oranges.

Sasha_2084

I would go for light purples on top -- like Beautiful Iris from MAC

Greens perhaps

Blues would be a must.

I could see Corals and Oranges looking great.

Stay away from Reds and Cranberry colors, I don't think those would do you any favors.

Coppers are pretty.

.nicole.

neutral types..

I was looking at getting Gleam eyeshadow and was wondering how that would look on a NW20 skin tone with hazel eyes... i want it for basically an everyday color for a simple wash or as something i can play up with some cranberry and woodwinked...

also how is Hue as lipstick? are MAC's lipsticks cream or dry?

Wattage

Wow, you and I are basically the same colouring (I am NW15 in the winter). Here are some of my faves:

- Shroom
- Sweet Lust
- Dazzlelight
- Naked Lunch
- Grain
- Vanilla

Depending on the type of lipstick, MACs can be both creamy or dry. Hue, in particular, is a glaze so it shouldn't be drying. I haven't tried this particular lipstick - perhaps someone who has can comment? My faves for our colouring are:

- Plink!
- Giddy
- Hug Me
- Politely Pink

All the lippies I like are Lustres, and I don't find them to be drying at all. Just a little lip balm underneath and you are ready to go!

HTH!

smiles.gif

.nicole.

Sounds good! I'm starting to get annoyed by LipGlass because of the stickyness So i'm looking for an alternative. I have shroom which is pretty much unnoticable on my skin, just has a little sheen to it for a highlight.

Wattage

I could not agree more about lipglass. I only wear it when I have my hair up now because it drives me nuts!

Maybe try a paint as base, or try Mylar shadow on the lid as a base. I find Mylar helps my lighter shadows show up a lot nicer
smiles.gif

Latest posts