best concealer?

afulton

I can share what I use as I am also NC50.
Concealers:
MAC Prolongwear- NC40
Amazing Concealer-Golden Deep
Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer-Dark
Kevyn Aucoin Skin Enhancer-13
MUFE-Full Coverage Concealer 14
Bobbi Brown- Correctors (Deep Bisque, Very Deep Bisque)
Bobbi Brown-Concealers (Almond, Golden)
Ruby Kiss HD Face Creator-#11 (This was a surprise hit for me...only $4.99)

Sometimes I use MAC's Orange corrector (PRO product) first before I place my concealer. NYX has a similar version but I have never used it.
I have a lot of concealers because they have been a trial and error for me. Because I have dark circles, using a corrector then concealer works best. I have been treating my dark circles with Kate Somerville's Dark Circle Corrector and it helped a lot so I don't have to use a corrector all the time.

I'm NC 50, can anyone provide me with what color I should choose in concealer (still a newbie with this product), please list the brand as well. I'd like to highlight and conceal dark under eye circles. Thanks in advance my fellow Makeup Goddesses...
anyone.gif

ForeverJenn

I wish I had read this forum before going out and purchasing the Bobbi brown concealer! The mua sold it to me in the color beige because according to the "directory," (guess ill call it that) she used, that's the color that went along with my foundation. In that lighting and when first applied, I really liked how it look and Felt. The problem was when I wore it the next day! like many of you mentioned it started looking grayish. I thought maybe it was due to eyeliner or not enough product applied so I kept trying to find ways to fix it. Final verdict: it's okay, not really as special as made out to be. Maybe I need the corrector to go along with it because the concealer itself is just kind of meh! Any thoughts on the Bobbi brown corrector? Also, has anyone used the dermablend concealer? I hear great things about it... Still searching for my hg concealer :/

sss215

I wish I had read this forum before going out and purchasing the Bobbi brown concealer! The mua sold it to me in the color beige because according to the "directory," (guess ill call it that) she used, that's the color that went along with my foundation. In that lighting and when first applied, I really liked how it look and Felt. The problem was when I wore it the next day! like many of you mentioned it started looking grayish. I thought maybe it was due to eyeliner or not enough product applied so I kept trying to find ways to fix it. Final verdict: it's okay, not really as special as made out to be. Maybe I need the corrector to go along with it because the concealer itself is just kind of meh! Any thoughts on the Bobbi brown corrector? Also, has anyone used the dermablend concealer? I hear great things about it... Still searching for my hg concealer :/
Have you tried MAC Pro Longwear. NW45 is HG for me.

ForeverJenn

Have you tried MAC Pro Longwear.   NW45 is HG for me. 
I'm actually reconsidering giving that concealer another try! 1st time around, it didn't quite work for me because the color I was given was too dark and made it look like I had more dark circles. Despite that, I didn't hate the product so I'm going to give it another shot :)

sss215

I'm actually reconsidering giving that concealer another try! 1st time around, it didn't quite work for me because the color I was given was too dark and made it look like I had more dark circles. Despite that, I didn't hate the product so I'm going to give it another shot :)
What color did you try and what color are you in foundation? Ask for a sample of a few colors so you can try them at home to see what shade works best. Sometimes sampling in store is a dud because you need a clean fresh face. I would go after work and even though I used a makeup wipe to remove what I wore that day, there was still no comparison to trying the products on right after washing my face. When I first looked into this product, I went by the under eye concealer rule to use a shade lighter than your regular color, so I originally skipped NW45 and went straight to NW40 and NC50 in efforts to follow that rule, but no match. Then I tried Select Coverup in NW45 which was a lighter shade and ProL's NW45, but its not as long wearing as ProL. I like having both formulas though. Seems like I get the best coverage when I build layers. I use a flat brush to apply a thin layer, pressing the concealer in. Then I buff the edges with a fluffy brush before it dries down, then I repeat concentrating on areas that are darker. Then I set with powder, which adds a bit of brightness as well. I love color correctors, my favorite being MUFE Camouflage Cream no.20, but since I have oily skin, they can be too creamy at times... Camouflage Cream is the driest out there right now. I haven't found a color corrector that truly holds up on an oilier skin so I don't use it daily

ForeverJenn

What color did you try and what color are you in foundation? Ask for a sample of a few colors so you can try them at home to see what shade works best. Sometimes sampling in store is a dud because you need a clean fresh face. I would go after work and even though I used a makeup wipe to remove what I wore that day, there was still no comparison to trying the products on right after washing my face. When I first looked into this product, I went by the under eye concealer rule to use a shade lighter than your regular color, so I originally skipped NW45 and went straight to NW40 and NC50 in efforts to follow that rule, but no match. Then I tried Select Coverup in NW45 which was a lighter shade and ProL's NW45, but its not as long wearing as ProL. I like having both formulas though. Seems like I get the best coverage when I build layers. I use a flat brush to apply a thin layer, pressing the concealer in. Then I buff the edges with a fluffy brush before it dries down, then I repeat concentrating on areas that are darker. Then I set with powder, which adds a bit of brightness as well. I love color correctors, my favorite being MUFE Camouflage Cream no.20, but since I have oily skin, they can be too creamy at times... Camouflage Cream is the driest out there right now. I haven't found a color corrector that truly holds up on an oilier skin so I don't use it daily
I originally tried NW 25 and it was too dark for me. When applied with my foundation, it gave me a "dirty" look if that makes sense. I don't use mac foundations, (they break me out) but I'm able to use their studio fix powders in which I'm a C3. I went to my local MAC to get some samples of their concealers and the MUA told me they don't give samples. It was a counter, do you know if samples are only provided at stores? & thank you for the detailed response on how to apply the pro longwear concealer, I definitely see where I need to improve during application. If MAC doesn't want to provide samples , I'm just going to go with my "fresh no makeup face" and get matched with the pro longwear concealer (hopefully properly). I have dry skin, so my quest for a corrector continues :(

sss215

I originally tried NW 25 and it was too dark for me. When applied with my foundation, it gave me a "dirty" look if that makes sense. I don't use mac foundations, (they break me out) but I'm able to use their studio fix powders in which I'm a C3. I went to my local MAC to get some samples of their concealers and the MUA told me they don't give samples. It was a counter, do you know if samples are only provided at stores? & thank you for the detailed response on how to apply the pro longwear concealer, I definitely see where I need to improve during application. If MAC doesn't want to provide samples , I'm just going to go with my "fresh no makeup face" and get matched with the pro longwear concealer (hopefully properly). I have dry skin, so my quest for a corrector continues :(
I usually get my samples with no problem from Nordstrom. They have sample cups for all the cosmetics counters and its a beauty policy of theirs to make samples available for all brands. Prolongwear can be a little drying on dry skins, so make sure you are well moisturized. Kevin Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer is another concealer to look too into as well. It can be found at Nordstrom and Bloomongdales. I hope you find something good!!

alle685

I heard Dermablend Creme Cover...its suppose to be a foundation but everyone I know who has it, uses it as a concealer...apparently it's awesome...I have yet to get my hands on a cup of it though. =(

MzBrownBeauty

I use MAC Pro longwear concealer in NW 45 and when I want to brighten/highlight I use NW 35. I'm sure they would have it in NC50. I really like the Pro longwear concealer but it dries quick so I have to work fast. I don't have puffiness under the eyes but I get horrible dark circles and it covers them up completely.

sagehen

I've been using my Black Opal Stick Foundations as concealers for awhile. They have great coverage! 
This is a good idea to use up some of those darn things...what do you set it with? That stick transfers like the dickens, which is why they are sitting, gathering dust in a drawer. I would love to find out a way to use them up.

dreamlove

Mac Pro long wear concealer nc 45 ( the only mac concealer I like) Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhancer sx 12 and just ordered LA girls pro concealer in Fawn

Latest posts