Best Curl-Holding Mascaras?

americanclassic

I have short/straight lashes, and it's impossible for me to find a non-waterproof mascara that hold any curl! I don't care about length so much as holding a curl without killing my lashes. The only one that works for me is the waterproof covergirl lashblast, but the formula is super thick, it's a huuge pain to take off, and makes my lashes brittle/fall out--not worth using for me.

I've tried mascaras from Lancome, Bare Escentuals, Shiseido, Blinc, Sephora, Covergirl, Revlon, etc. I've tried with and without mascara primers, and nothing works. I love my Bare Escentuals volumizing mascara because it lengthens my lashes without making them thick/stubby (I don't like the spider lashes look on me); it's the closest I get to great length/curl, but the curl barely lasts half an hour (so I just end up with long straight lashes--definitely not a good thing).

Anyone else have my issue? Any recommendations? Is there a special way I should be applying the mascara that would help it hold a curl better? I'm guessing I should look for a drier formula, but I don't know where to look.. I'll try anything that doesn't encase my lashes in a thick, hard-to-remove waterproof shell!

RoxieHart

I have the exact same problem, if I curl my lashes and applying a mascara, the mascara would weigh the curles down and my lashes are straight and droopy again.

I have been using ZA's cutiecurl mascara, it does help to hold the curl. However I"m still on the search for something that would enhance curls. You can check out ZA, it's a drugstore brand, I'm not sure if USA is still selling it but it is a US brand I believe.

Piarpreet

Most waterproof mascaras hold the curl
None (yet) non-waterproof in a 8 year search hold the curl
Ive tried ALL l'oreal
Rimmel
Maybelline
Dior show
Lancome hypnose
Tarte amazonian clay
benefit curl
Stila curl
MUFE smokey eye