best drugstore eyeshadows

jaylilee

Hi, everyone,

As of late I've been REALLY getting into eyeshadows (I can safely say I am off my blush craze! own too many of those for my own good), and although I know of NYX and Wet and Wild, and really love their consistency, I'm also hoping to add more to my tiny collection without breaking the bank just yet - as well as getting to know more products.

So my question is, what brands are you absolutely in love with their eyeshadows when it comes to quality for price? I'd love to learn of some new ones that I can play with.

shellygrrl

Staff member
It's not a drugstore brand, but I've read great things about the Makeup Geek eyeshadows, particularly Corrupt, which is a matte black with insanely good pigmentation. (I mention them because even though they're not drugstore, they're still super-affordable. Compacts are about $8 USD; refill pans (roughly the same size as MAC) are $6.) I'd also recommend, if you can, checking out Sleek. It's a UK drugstore brand; they make some fantastic eyeshadow palettes. Even with the currency conversion, the prices are still very good (most palettes are about $10 USD).

naturallyfab

I really like the L'oreal HIP eye shadows! If you have a walmart, those Hard Candy duos are supposed to be great too.

purely pretty

Right now I'm loving the L'oreal infallible shadows they are really pigmented and easy to blend and I think they are around 6 dollars or so. You also get 3.5g of product so thats awesome!

mayushka

I really like Maybelline eyeshadows, colors are great, pigmented and stay on really long.

jaylilee

Not drugstore, but I must advocate for La Femme, Ben Nye, Kryolan and Inglot
I have a giant obsession with Inglot in general, and I've heard amazing things about la femme's blushes. haven't heard much about ben nye or kryolan. How are their eyeshadows?

mayushka

Just tried L'Oreal Infallible, I have dark purple and shimmery pink one, and I love them. Strongly pigmented and long staying power. Not for everyday wear on purple one, but pink is really nice, not too much shimmer, really classy and romantic.

Beautique

ben nye and kryolan are on the "theatrical makeup" category but hey its still makeup. i think you can order ben nye through ebay and their website but i have no clue where you can get kryolan.

shellygrrl

Staff member
ben nye and kryolan are on the "theatrical makeup" category but hey its still makeup. i think you can order ben nye through ebay and their website but i have no clue where you can get kryolan.
Both are available through Camera Ready Cosmetics.

pinkcrush

L'oreal Lush Raven is an excellent matte black as Covergirl's Tapestry Taupe is an excellent highlighter... Maybellines Coper Craze is a beautiful copper too :)

AniBEE

In order of favorites:

Wet N Wild (Trio's, 6 pand and 8 pan palettes)
NYC (new palettes with the shadows and primer in them.)
Essence (quattro eyeshadow)

Cream/Gel based ones.
Essence (stay all day longlasting eyeshadow), L'Oreal Infallible and Maybelline colour tattoos.

jenjunsan

Milani's new powder shadows are really nice! I picked up 4 or 5 of them from my local CVS and I am very pleased with them.

Some good eyeshadow palette are Wet n Wild color icon. I currently have blue had me at hello , petal pusher, and comfort zone currently loving them all they give off nice pigmentation on the lids and do not crease. You can them for $5 at CVS and Walgreen's. My favorite is comfort zone. :)

Shimmery

OK that's is I have to get a few wet n wild eyeshadow palettes. I have been holdign out for a while now. I just felt like it was too good to be true. But, with the cost being so low I have to try it out. I would also love to try inglot, but not being able to see the colors in real life is a slight turn off.