Best drugstore foundation?

luxette

Okay, I've been trying to get by using Covergirl Outlast foundation, but it constantly makes my face look shiny, even though I don't have oily skin. It also rubs off on every surface really easily, which is gross.

Unfortunately, since I joined the ranks of the unemployed, I don't have the cash to pay for high-end foundation right now. So I have to make do with drugstore.

Any suggestions for a drugstore foundation that stays put and works for someone with combination skin? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dreamergirl3

Almay Skin Stays Clean, L'Oreal True match (it's pretty hit or miss), Revlon Colorstay
I've used many but those were my favs, my absolute fav being Almay Skin Stays Clean. It worked really well for my oily/combo skin. hth

faithhopelove24

iman is sold in some drugstores, it's really great but It still kinda pricey. I hope things start to look up for you really soon.

d_flawless

hmm, i like the powders for coverage from l'oreal, but physicans formula has comparable (to M.A.C.) concealer, the stick kind.

kimmy

i'd recommend milani's creme to powder foundation...it gives good coverage and it's really cheap :]

Ambi

Max Factor foundations are awesome, especially Facefinity and Lasting Performance [stays matte almost all day!].

jess98765

max factor does some good ones, so does loreal and revlon too
smiles.gif

user3

Question for you: what type of skin do you have?
I don't want to rec a product and it be all wrong for your skin type.

luxette

Thanks so much for your responses, everyone! I think I'm going to try out the Max Factor and see what happens.

mpicky

I like the dreame mousse, but the colors seem dark, so if you are light complected, it probably wouldn't work.

oh_yes_nicola

I'm not sure if there is a shoppers Drug mart in the states, but here in Canada you can get red earth power foundation there and I love it. It covers really well.

Brianne

I'm oily/acne prone and I love Revlon Colorstay. In fact, I like it better than several high end foundations that I tried (Lancome Teint Idole Ultra and LM Oil Free to name a couple).

I hated L'Oreal True Match (slid right off of me).

swaly

It all depends on your skintype and how it reacts to different kinds of emollients/pigments, etc., so all I can say is––DON'T BUY THE DREAM MATTE MOUSSE! What a gimmicky, sticky, orange nightmare! It's the only drugstore product I've bought and cursed and that I've spread negative information about...it left my face feeling like some had, literally, taken a handful of margarine and smeared it across my skin. God!