Best facial exfoliater

LoveMU

Hi everyone,

I need help finding a really good exfoliater for my face. My skin is very oily and it peels every week because I use Retin-A, boo! It looks like crap when it peels and I really just want the skin to be smooth. My skin is not sensitive, it is just really oily and peely lol.

Any suggestions!

Thanks so much!

saba

hi dere , i,ve got a perfect solution 4 u , hmmm take 2 or 3 asprin without coating , normally u wud get it at walgreens 100 tablets (not capsules as they r coated 4 easy swallowing )for 99 cents , put few drops of water on the tablets and rub on ur face as u wud with an exfoliater ,and viola uve got baby smooth skin .dont over do it once a week is fine. hth

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
I like the cheap St. Ives apricot scrub!

me too! burt's bees citrus facial scrub is really nice, too...it makes your face feel all soft and smooth after you use it.

stacylynne

Here are a couple of really good options for exfoliating:
- I use Neova microdermobrasion scub, I use it 2x a week it has really tiny beads in it so it won't scratch ur skin

- stated above the asprin in water

- Oatmeal- yes, that's right old fashioned oatmeal, heat it up in a pot or in the microwave let it cool down (you don't want to burn your face) this really does work, actually when I was a teenager I had really bad acne this is how I cleansed my face.

- you can also have fun in the kitchen & make your own from apricot seeds, honey, avacodo, aloe, or what ever you want to add

after exfoliating you always want to follow up with a good moisterizer

Good luck & every one should designate 1 beauty day a week.

ohnna-lee

Mario Badescu Rolling Peel (kind of like Biore but gentler)

Dermalogica Prep Scrub (Has corn husks that are nonabrasive to the skin)

I use Retin A and have had the same problem with peeling. You might want to see if you can get a different moisturizer to combat the oil.

Stephy171

im going to have to say MAC's Green Gel Cleanserr... it works wondersss! im going to have to try this asprin maskk thinggyyy lol very innovative ideasss!

colormepretty

Aspirin + honey is my favorite exfoliator mask!
greengrin.gif

In fact, I should make some right now! ^_^;

leenybeeny

I find physical exfoliators don't work for me when I peel. I use an AHA lotion (Neutrogena Healthy Skin) to get rid of the peely skin.

xxsgtigressxx

i loooove mac's microfine refinisher. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I use it once a week before I put a mask on and my skin has never looked so good!

AllisonWeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by saba
hi dere , i,ve got a perfect solution 4 u , hmmm take 2 or 3 asprin without coating , normally u wud get it at walgreens 100 tablets (not capsules as they r coated 4 easy swallowing )for 99 cents , put few drops of water on the tablets and rub on ur face as u wud with an exfoliater ,and viola uve got baby smooth skin .dont over do it once a week is fine. hth

Please do not make suggestions dealing with medication unless you are qualified to do so. Some one could easily be harmed by these suggestions, so it's best to not make them period if you are not positive of their effects.
Those educated in this area - doctors - have repeatedly warned against this, because you can easily absorb too much of the medication in to your body through your skin. Aspirin does not have to be taken orally to be absorbed in to the body.
Taking aspirin as prescribed on the package, or as prescribed by your doctor is fine. But when taking it in a different way such as this, please be sure to run it by your doctor first!

Miss. Herzeleid

St. Ives Apricot Scrub is a good one, it works really well.
Also Lush does one called Ocean Salt i think....it has peices of natural sea salt in it, its quite harsh. But its my favourite.

Septemba

I've been using a microfibre cloth to exfoliate and it's the best thing I've used to date. My skin is so sensitive that even oatmeal or bicarb pisses it off. I know yours isn't, but maybe you want to look into the cloths anyway? I know some people on the acne.org regimen use it.