Best foundation for man?

AndersenDmz

Hi everyone! :) I was wondering if any of you could help me find a good natural looking foundation for my boyfriend? He has been me asking me for a while now to find him something that wouldn't look obvious and wouldn't feel heavy. His skin is on the oilier side of the spectrum but otherwise he doesn't have any major problem. It would be mainly to even out his skin and blur some of the pores, so I'm guessing he wouldn't need heavy coverage. Any suggestion? All help is greatly appreciated

shellygrrl

Staff member
Generally speaking, I think a pressed powder would be the way to go. It'll give some coverage where needed, and it's portable, not to mention discreet. And he has several options. For example... * MAC Studio Fix Powder * NARS Powder Foundation * Clinique Superpowder Double Face Powder * Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder Those are just a handful of them. Happy shopping!

AndersenDmz

Ohhh thank you! I never thought about pressed powder for some reason :) I remember hearing great things about the Laura Mercier one!

makeupmonster

I second the powder foundation recommendation. With a light layer, he'll blur imperfections without looking like he's wearing anything at all. If you're looking for something from the drugstore, I'd recommend Physcians Formula-- specifically the Mineral Wear Talc Free Mineral Face Powder. It's in a compact.

CatDetective

Definitely jumping on the powder rec train-- I'll have to ask my brother what he used to use. He started public speaking when he was a young teenager, with all the red spots and oiliness that being a teen entails, so he'd use it in a professional context (and he might have to a comic convention once? I don't even remember...)

I think he used a mineral powder, totally invisible, but made a difference.

AnneOyer

Choosing a foundation for a man could be a little tricky. For men the goal in using a foundation is to make the skin appear smooth but it must look natural. I would recommend that you use powder foundation. Liquid foundation is thicker than powder foundation and men would look like drag than natural.

In choosing the color, the safest place to test is in the skin on the inside of your wrists.