Best Friend's Wedding! Henna + Make-up!

hr44

Sooo my girl's wedding was last weekend and it was a BLAST!

I'm posting pics of the makeup I did in here because with all the commotion I honestly don't remember what was used. It was pick this and just do it!

I ended up doing her reception make-up as well! It was alot of fun!
I honestly wish I knew what I used. It might come back to me.

OOOhhh OOOHH and our henna work was off the hook! The woman did an amazing job!

Kay pics time! ENJOY!!!

My henna:

Her AMAZING henna: (didn't load her feet artwork)

My look for a Friday event:

My Reception Look:

Her Reception LOOK!!!! (first pic was our trial run)

Us besties w/ her and her jolly green giant husband at the end of the night! (I'm 5'8 wearing flats and I still look tiny next to him!)

user79

It looks a bit like Henna Spirit's work. I miss her posts on Specktra. Anyway the henna looks really pretty and looks like you had a fun time.
smiles.gif

hr44

Thanks guys!
Yea the mehndi girl did a fantastic job and every piece she did on the girls was fantastic. You would think after the 7th girl the style would get blah or she'd be tired...but NOOOO beautiful looks kept going!
Plus great prices.
My hands (the pics you see) was $15 bucks. I was a happy camper.

exoticarbcqen

You live in roseville right? Who was the girl who did your guys mendhi?
I am originally from the SAC area and know pratically every girl in the greater sac area who does mendhi as a profession/hobby/side job hahaha most of the girls I know are PAK/Persian tho
smiles.gif

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticarbcqen
You live in roseville right? Who was the girl who did your guys mendhi?
I am originally from the SAC area and know pratically every girl in the greater sac area who does mendhi as a profession/hobby/side job hahaha most of the girls I know are PAK/Persian tho
smiles.gif

Oh man, I can't fully remember her name... it was Neetha or Nina, I'll have to ask my mom. She's in the downtown area of Sac. She owns a restaurant also. (My mom and best friend went to eat there and it was super good they said but it's currently under renovation right now) She's not persian, probably Pak. I'm not sure. All I know is she is super nice.

exoticarbcqen

^ yeah I know of her. They own tandoori wok?
the food there is amazing, but they have been renovating since FOREVER now.

imperfectbeauty

the mendhi is absolutely gorgeous as is the bride!!
you did a wonderful job with her makeup!!
i love her jewelry set!! i need to get shopping for that kind of stuff slowly but surely lol.

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticarbcqen
^ yeah I know of her. They own tandoori wok?
the food there is amazing, but they have been renovating since FOREVER now.

Yea I KNOW!!! But she said hopefully by the end of this month or beginning of August it should be back open for business. I hope so because I have tried to food but have heard great things.

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfectbeauty
the mendhi is absolutely gorgeous as is the bride!!
you did a wonderful job with her makeup!!
i love her jewelry set!! i need to get shopping for that kind of stuff slowly but surely lol.

Haa haa I know what you mean. I keep seeing 'future' outfits and sets packed up.

Love colorful sets.

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by almmaaa
Can you please tell me what meaning the henna art on hands and feet mean?
THanks

Now it's just an extra way to beautify oneself during the wedding but there is this thing that the darker the mehndi (henna) turns out on the hands and feet then the more the in-laws will love the girl, especially the mother-in-law. It's an old tradition way of marriage and it's a sign of good luck and prosperity the darker the henna turns out. Also back then the girl wouldn't do any housework till the henna came off.

Now it's just tradition to have it on elaborately for the wedding.