Best highlight shade for *my* skintone

aleksis210

Hey girlies!! I need a new highlight color, all is have is 'retrospeck' and 'forgery'...and they're both way too glittery for a highlight color..I'd love to get vanilla pigment or another but I can get a free shadow for my B2M's so I'd prefer a shadow rec. p.s. I just want one that's not too shimmery/metallic but will still show up, I love 'shroom' on black girls, but will it show up on me? Thanks for the recs ladies!
winkiss.gif
p.s.s. I have a good reference pic on my profile page if you'd like to see my coloring!

MACLovin

I was going to say Phloof! as well, Mercurial beat me to it
smiles.gif

I'm a NW15-20 for reference.. I like it.. not glittery, but still semi-frosty/shimmery. It's nice!

I know you're looking for an eyeshadow to use, but if you stumble upon the Richmetal Highlighters from colour forms, 'Female' is a gorgeous slightly pinkish h/l. They have a bunch at my CCO. I like the texture, it's smooth/creamy but sort of dry.. not oily or greasy. hard to explain but I'm definitely going back to pick one up. I had to give myself time to think about it because i'm trying to avoid impulse buys, lol.. but I've decided I want one.
tong.gif

good luck! let us know what you end up getting
smiles.gif

mizuki~

I'm NC25 and I love Shroom as a highlight. It's a teeny bit lighter than my skintone with a little shimmer (but not too much).
Edit: I don't have Ricepaper or Phloof! to compare but they may be more shimmery than Shroom(satin) since they're frost.

capmorlovesmac

I love vanilla e/s and shroom e/s.
Sometimes shroom is to shimmery if the other shadows already have a lot of glitter or/and shimmer so I use vanilla more often
smiles.gif

makeupmadb

This has helped me also, thankyou! I'm not sure whether to go for Phloof! or Shroom though and I'm about NW20.

tiramisu

I personally like vanilla e/s, shroom e/s and vapour; I also like vanilla and fairylite pigments too.

Phloof! would be nice too likely, but it's not one I actually have for some odd reason.

aleksis210

Thank you for all the recs my sweets! I think I'll end up checking out shroom,phloof, and vanilla e/s ....I have ricepaper and while it makes a beauiful tear duct and lid color it's too metallic for my under my brow...I'll let everyone know what I get...
smiles.gif
!!

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksis210
Thank you for all the recs my sweets! I think I'll end up checking out shroom,phloof, and vanilla e/s ....I have ricepaper and while it makes a beauiful tear duct and lid color it's too metallic for my under my brow...I'll let everyone know what I get...
smiles.gif
!!

Oh! LOL.. Im so dumb, this whole time I'm thinking you mean highlighters for your face.
th_rolleye0014.gif
haha.. because I know some people use e/s for that too.. so disregard the rec for the richmetal highlighters for your brow bone. I misunderstood! Female is a good cheekbone h/l though.
smiles.gif

aleksis210

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
Oh! LOL.. Im so dumb, this whole time I'm thinking you mean highlighters for your face.
th_rolleye0014.gif
haha.. because I know some people use e/s for that too.. so disregard the rec for the richmetal highlighters for your brow bone. I misunderstood! Female is a good cheekbone h/l though.
smiles.gif

Haha That's okay! I should have specified! thank you!
smiles.gif

aleksis210

Hey everyone just thought I'd let you know that I got Shroom! Like I said on another post I really liked this one the best because it's not too matte,metallic, or frosty/shimmery and it's the prettiest light gold/beige! Also because it's a satin it's soooo silky and it shows up just enough on my skintone! Thanks for all the RECs!!

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Hey everyone just thought I'd let you know that I got Shroom! Like I said on another post I really liked this one the best because it's not too matte,metallic, or frosty/shimmery and it's the prettiest light gold/beige! Also because it's a satin it's soooo silky and it shows up just enough on my skintone! Thanks for all the RECs!!

th_DANCE.gif
Glad you like it! It is a really pretty one that e/s
yes.gif

mizuki~

Quote:

YAY! Shroom! Shroom is perfect isn't it? I'm glad you got your highlight
thmbup.gif