Best lucky find/bargain buy you ever made?

ButterflyKeeper

I bought a Coach bag on TradeMe for NZ$35, and it was an authentic bag, too. I decided to take my chance when I saw the auction; the photos looked good, and I was just feeling curious, if anything.

When I received the package in the mail, I opened it and the smell of leather and luxury practically b*tch slapped me. I squealed like a little kid, dancing around the flat; thank God no one was around at the time.
th_DANCE.gif

DSCN5139.jpg

It's not a signature bag with the Coach print, which is fine with me. I prefer something subtle like this. I called a Coach retailer in Australia and they said brand new, it would cost about AUS$1000+ or something.

Mwahahhahaha~!

Another lucky buy was this pair of shoes; the brand was Mary Kyri (Aussie designer.)

mkheels.jpg

Bought second hand (in really good condition) for NZ$50. Brand new, it would cost around AUS$300+? Heh, I love lucky buys. And it's made of leather. Awesomeeeee.

So what were your lucky finds? Share! With photos, even!

Cerydwen

I think my luckiest ever find was a lipstick I took a chance on from and ebay seller. It was called 'Dorothy Shoes' and I paid £4 for it. Dorothy Shoes turned out to be the working name for Queen's Sin - so I ended up with a rather unique Queen's Sin for £4 at a time when the few that were still available on ebay were selling for in the region of £45. I also recently managed to get hold of Port Red for £8
smiles.gif

ButterflyKeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerydwen
I think my luckiest ever find was a lipstick I took a chance on from and ebay seller. It was called 'Dorothy Shoes' and I paid £4 for it. Dorothy Shoes turned out to be the working name for Queen's Sin - so I ended up with a rather unique Queen's Sin for £4 at a time when the few that were still available on ebay were selling for in the region of £45. I also recently managed to get hold of Port Red for £8
smiles.gif

sometimes it pays to take chances, but most of the time you can't help but feel like you might end up being conned. but i do love it when those risks pay off; like paying a low price for a super expensive item.
greengrin.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

I just scored a dozen vintage brooches and estate jewelry this weekend for 3 bucks! I only intended to get a couple for my friend as she's a vintage jewelry fiend. But as I looked at more, I couldn't resist the urge to start my own brooch collection... they're like the only accessory I've never utilized.

Anyway, one's a vintage Monet; I'm geeked!

ButterflyKeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
I just scored a dozen vintage brooches and estate jewelry this weekend for 3 bucks! I only intended to get a couple for my friend as she's a vintage jewelry fiend. But as I looked at more, I couldn't resist the urge to start my own brooch collection... they're like the only accessory I've never utilized.

Anyway, one's a vintage Monet; I'm geeked!

Score!!!

I love lucky finds.
greengrin.gif
It's the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!

Junkie

I scored All Girl, Subtle, Coco Beach pigments and Stereo Rose MSF all for $20-25 each last year from a girl who was selling rares on Craigslist. Many of the pigments were BNIB or hardly used and Stereo Rose didn't have a complete dome, but there was still a lot of product left. I considered myself lucky there! And I got Deckchair (full) for $30 shipped on here - and just last week - another jar of Subtle for $25. Weeee! hahaha

kaliraksha

My best finds have surely been at department store outlets. I found designer dresses retailed at $400+ for under $30. My favorite dress ever was retailed at $498 and I got it for $11. It's a long black one shoulder dress, nude dress with silver sequins and a sheer see through black overlay which makes it look black but then sparkly underneath. Makes you think about what the perceived worth and actual worth of an item is.

ButterflyKeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
My best finds have surely been at department store outlets. I found designer dresses retailed at $400+ for under $30. My favorite dress ever was retailed at $498 and I got it for $11. It's a long black one shoulder dress, nude dress with silver sequins and a sheer see through black overlay which makes it look black but then sparkly underneath. Makes you think about what the perceived worth and actual worth of an item is.

mostly, when buying designer brands, you pay a significant amount for the name brand than you do for workmanship and quality. but when luxury items are sold for below retail price, and you catch it.... there's no feeling quite like it.
greengrin.gif

naturallyfab

I got a $500 dress for $120. I wore it to prom when I was in high school, and I love it so much I might wear it as a wedding dress one day!

DILLIGAF

I bought a pair of Prada shoes at a small hole in the wall shop in Greenwich, CT for $100. Later that week when shopping in SoHo I saw the same shoes at the Prada store for more than $300! I also copped Metal Rock MSF here for $30 shipped!!!!
choochoo.gif

zephyr739

I bought this really cute Yaya leather jacket from Hautelook for $50 earlier this year! Haven't seen a brand new leather jacket go for so cheap since. I just started shopping at blog sales, so haven't had the chance to snag a really good deal on makeup yet, hehe.

Adnegveill35

My best finds are brand new authentic jeans on Ebay (Joes, Sevens, Citizens etc) - I have about 15 pairs that I've gotten for $35 or less!

Adnegveill35

I bought this really cute Yaya leather jacket from Hautelook for $50 earlier this year! Haven't seen a brand new leather jacket go for so cheap since. I just started shopping at blog sales, so haven't had the chance to snag a really good deal on makeup yet, hehe.
That is a score, congrats!

GlammySammy

Wow you guys have found some great buys.. holy lucky! The only thing that I can think of is finding a $50 purse for only $5! And I was pretty happy about that lol

belle89

I bought a red pair of Carlos Santana pumps for $29. They're patent and marbelized (Idk how to explain it). They're GORG.

kimmietrinh

My closet is full of shoes that I buy from the 6PM outlet. I bought $3, $4 heels from RSVP brand. Juicy Couture bright orange flats for $10. Kenneth Cole boots for $10 and much more. I just ordered BCBG dresses for $15.

Cydonian

I just posted this in the shoe thread but I have a red pair of HaleBobs that retailed for $140 or something ridiculous when they first came out... I found them at Burlington for $15 :D

Latest posts