best MAC-foundation...

my foundation is used up and i consider buying a MAC-foundation. so could you pleas help me and tell me which one you think is the best and why...? thanks!

athena123

Hi beauty-junkie and welcome!
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
- Ahem, as far as I'm concerned "best MAC foundation" is an oxymoron. I don't care for them at all because the shades don't match me, they cost too much money$$ and I get shiny after a couple hours. I even got my skin tone matched at a MAC counter but when I walked into the natural daylight I noticed how yellow it made me, blech! I'm also into more organic cosmetics for anything that makes such close contact with my face and I have oily skin, so there are a lot of reasons for my distaste of MAC foundation. But the MAC eyeshadows sure are purty!
th_LMAO.gif

What's your skintype and skintone like? With a little more information, I'm quite certain you'll get a lot more useful recommendations for MAC foundation.

SoSoAmazin

check out EnKoreMakeup's youtube video on all the MAC foundations - very informative! As for me, I like Studio Fix Fluid because it covers my acne scars/redness pretty well, lasts throughout the day, and I didn't breakout from it like I did with Studio Tech and MSF Natural
smiles.gif

mariecinder

From what I read, Studio Fix Fluid seems to have the least amount of ingredients so I would go with that one!

bruiser

I use Studio Fix Fluid as well. I was pleasantly surprised that it stays on all day (i work as a chef where I'm either in a 100+ degree kitchen or a below zero walk in freezer) and it never budges.

I also use a primer (monistat chafing gel) before I put it on.

Only thing I notice lately is that my tzone is super dry and flaking, but Im pinning that one on the yucky dry winter weather.

trollydolly

i think whether a foundation works for you or not depends on your skin type and what u want from that foundation. for example if uve got oily skin then studio fix fluid is great or if u want a bit of coverage then mineralize satinfinish is good. not all mac foundations are going to work for everyone so its prob best to work out what u want from the foundation and what type of skin uve got and then work from there.

clamster

Pursebuzz on youtube had her make up done by a MAC artist, I tihnk his name was John.. not sure. Well he said that the studio stick foundation can provide a sheer to full coverage and he can make it matte or glossy. Also the studio stick has an spf 15! So that's good, I have never tried it myself but studio fix powder is good.

revinn

Studio Fix Fluid with MSF Natural buffed over it is divine
smiles.gif
Flawless skin in two steps.

Kiseki

I pretty much dislike most, if not all, MAC foundations and apart from Moisture Blend and Hyper Real, I have tried them all.

If you DEFINITELY want to pic a MAC Foundation, I'd say Studio Fix Fluid, Studio Mist or Select Tint. Those are the ONLY MAC foundations that didn't break me out or oxidized. And if you're acne-prone? Stay away from Studio Fix Powder, you will break out and it oxidizes like hell.

But you can spend a little bit more and get something that's far better like Make Up For Ever foundations whose colors are a lot "truer" or NARS or Armani which all have fabulous foundations.

noahlowryfan

i love Studio Fix Fluid. it gives me the coverage that I want with just two pumps. you have to buy the foundation pump if you don't want to waste pouring it out. or you can do what enkore did on his youtube video about sanitation. you should check out his videos. they are very informative.

so far, the foundations that i have tried never satisify me.i always come back to SFF.

Pinkish*RED

in terms of MAC, foundations seem to be their last priority, they have a lot of great stuff but foundations are not one of them!

Buttt if you are one who doesn't need foundation (or have perfect skin that doesn't suffer from breakout/oily t-zone/dry skin/ large pores) and you only need that tint, then go for MAC or any other foundation cus it wouldn't matter lool

I've tried Studio Fix Fluid, good coverage but thas all, the shade is too yellow (it looks terrible if you put powder over it cus it dries to a powder anyway)

Studio Fix powder is great for a two second makeup job jus swirl with 182 and go-- but again not for dryer skin and nooo coverage at all without a base or a sprits of Fix+

The stick foundation was good other than it melts off your face sometimes and needs to be set (1st time I bought I loved it 2nd time it was horrible as if its not the same foundation at allll! product consistency varies???)

The face and body foundation gives you no coverage no nothing (theres no point at all of it I find)

The Studio Tech feels nice at first with light to medium coverage but then product dries up quick in its container and starts to look patchy and terrible!

Guerlain and Makeup forever are better in this department thas jus my opinion hope that helps
smiles.gif

SquirrelQueen

I feel like an anomaly here because I really like MAC foundations!
lol.gif
Seriously, I've always had trouble with foundations breaking me out---not just pimples, but hives and welts. Definitely allergic to something in a lot of cosmetics but not sure what it is. Anyway, I have never experimented much with different lines. If one product in a line makes me itch, I generally move on and don't try the line again. And if I find something that works, I stick with the line.

For years I wore Clinique foundations but was never totally satisfied because, no matter what formula I used, eventually the foundations changed color on my skin. I was also clueless about undertones so I probably wore the wrong color as well. On a whim, I decided to try MAC and bought a foundation (Select Tint, I think) and an eyeshadow. Neither one made me break out so I felt safe trying other MAC products.

MAC foundations don't change color on me, which I like. I have combination skin, oily in the T-zone and hairline and dry cheeks. I live in an area that's cold and dry so I need makeup with a little bit of moisture. I stopped using Select Tint because it was a little too sheer and I prefer cream-to-powder. Sometimes, in the summer especially, I wear Studio Fix powder but lately I've been into Studio Tech. Studio Tech gives me good coverage---I find I use much less concealer with this formula. I also like the way it feels on my skin. It doesn't get patchy in the dry areas and, if the T-zone gets oily, I use a blot paper to decrease the grease.

The other thing I like about MAC foundation is that the colors work for me. I wear NW20 in Studio Tint, N4 in Studio Fix powder and NW20, cut with a little NW15, in Studio Tech. I have pink undertones but there's quite a bit of yellow in my skin, so MAC works well for me. However, others say that MAC is too yellow, even in the NW shades.

You know, I don't think there's any middle ground here on MAC foundations. People either love them or despise them. Try them and see where you fall. Good luck!
winks.gif

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamster
Pursebuzz on youtube had her make up done by a MAC artist, I tihnk his name was John.. not sure. Well he said that the studio stick foundation can provide a sheer to full coverage and he can make it matte or glossy. Also the studio stick has an spf 15! So that's good, I have never tried it myself but studio fix powder is good.

Yes! And our makeup man aboywearingmakeup, Mathieu Francis on youtube says it also has aloe in it, soothing for the face! Medium coverage but can be buildable.

christineeee_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish*RED
Studio Fix powder is great for a two second makeup job jus swirl with 182 and go

i have just recently started using studio fix powder and i LOVE it :) blot powder/pressed is awesome too especially if you get oily throughout the day.

Girl about town

i really get confused when people say they hate MAC foundations i love them, i have tried nearly every foundation you can think of and i have not used anything else since i started wearing studiofix fluid and MSF natural buffed over the top, my skin has never looked better, my eye make up hardly smudges anymore and it lasts all day xx

User67

Here's another vote for the Studio Fix Fluid, I have tried sooo many different foundations & this one is the my favorite. But, you really have to try a few different ones & see what works best for you.

zzoester

I'm very impressed with Studio Fix Fluid. I'm NW40 and just started using it a couple weeks ago. Prior to that, I tried everything...LIKED a lot of them but didn't LOVE anything until I got the SFF. And I seriously tried nearly everything...