Best Mac Foundation?

Steel Magnolia

Ok so I have Face and Body - love it - but Im looking for something with a little more coverage for winter. Maybe just a little heavier than a tinted moisturizer. Not really looking for recs. Im just curious!

What are your favourite Mac foundations? Any pros or cons? Which have the nicest finishes and which oxidize really badly?

Also, does anybody know where you could get a colour comparison chart of what shade you'd be in each Mac foundation?

romi79_2008

I really like Studio fix in powder right now, it matches perfect, no breakouts, perfect coverage for me. In summer I like Hyper real, but mine went bad and it`s discontinued. Studio fix fluid gives a lot of coverage
Worst to me was Mac Select spf

ThePowderPuff

I LOVE Studio Fix Powder Foundation. It gives good coverage and blends smoothly, and most important of alle, it has the advantage of being a compact foundation, that I can take anywhere and easily touch up during the day. I LOVE compact powder foundations, and there are none better out there than Studio Fix.

But I have som cons too. First of all it is a powder and it gives a very powdery finish. Normally I consider that a good thing because my skin is oily, but sometimes I would like a more natural looking finish.

And second I don't think it sticks very well to the skin. It rubs off on my cellphone for instance when I am on the phone.

So I am thinking about getting a fluid/cream foundation as a supplement. First and foremost to get something to wear the days when I am going fo a more moist look.

But also I am thinking if there are ways to get the foundation to adhere better to the skin.

In fact I think I will stop here and do my own thread. Many questions come to my mind right now
smiles.gif

gildedangel

I am loving Studio Sculpt, it is the foundation that I wear in the winter because it is not drying and it is very light.

DigitalRain

I think this greatly depends on what type skin you have. I have super oily skin with blemishes, and I find that StudioFix Fluid is the best foundation for my type skin.

kdolll

It does differ w/ differnet skin types. I like Studio Fix Fluid due to my oily skin. I HATE Studio Sculpt as it shifts on my skin even w/ a set powder.. but that's just my opinion.

machonesty

every has given great advice. depends on skintype. im normal/dry and love a dewy look. min skinfinish found is perfect for that and has buildable cov

nikkic

I like Select. It just looks like you're skin, only better. It's not a super heavy coverage though so I go over it with SF powder over my nose area. SF powder doesn't do much for me. However I'm and odd ball there. Studio Fix Fluid turns orange on me in seconds.

I have oily skin.

enfusraye

I love love love Face and Body with MSFN or even a bare minerals foundation over it to up the coverage.

So.. to kick off my 2 cents - I have oily skin in the tzone and its super dry everywhere else.

Studio Tech - loved it when it first applied but it did take some practice to get it right. broke me out and my pores just ate it up so I looked horrible by lunch.

Studio Fix Powder - too cakey and made me break out like CRAZY. I did like the coverage though

Studio Fix Fluid - nice coverage through-out the day but I just can't get a correct colour match to make it look natural enough

Studio Stick - too dry and not easily blendable

I've recently been keeping it between Face and Body and Bobbi Brown's foundation stick which I'm LOVING.

hope this helps!