Best Motivation For Working Out

ashtn

So I think I have definitely found the best motivation for myself to work out. Ive been putting episodes of the biggest loser on my ipod, then I go on the bike at the gym and watch them while I'm doing my cardio
smiles.gif
Really helps me work out hard, plus keeps my attention so I don't get bored. How could that show not make you want to work out?
winks.gif
I find myself really excited to go to the gym now, which is kinda a first for me.
yahoo.gif

krijsten

I like that trick... ahha, sounds nice. I've just been going.. and noticing difference and really, thats enough motivation for me.

I am at the part where I just want to go to the gym all the time.. haha. But I might try your trick!

InspiredBlue

I glad that works for you. Personally I know I don't get motivated by Biggest Loser, since I just think to myself "Hey, I'm not that out of shape as those people, so things aren't so bad. Let's have another slice of pizza.."
th_wink3.gif
tong.gif

ashtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
I glad that works for you. Personally I know I don't get motivated by Biggest Loser, since I just think to myself "Hey, I'm not that out of shape as those people, so things aren't so bad. Let's have another slice of pizza.."
th_wink3.gif
tong.gif

But they work their asses off in their workouts!!
and their challenges are so extreme, i guess their motivation makes me motivated
greengrin.gif

JENJ5001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtn
So I think I have definitely found the best motivation for myself to work out. Ive been putting episodes of the biggest loser on my ipod, then I go on the bike at the gym and watch them while I'm doing my cardio
smiles.gif
Really helps me work out hard, plus keeps my attention so I don't get bored. How could that show not make you want to work out?
winks.gif
I find myself really excited to go to the gym now, which is kinda a first for me.
yahoo.gif

What a GREAT idea!!!! I am always motivated after i watch biggest losser!

RandomnessWithK

my best motivation for working out.. is taking pictures of myself (when i was 20lbs heavier) and comparing them to now.. and having an idol (mine is jennifer nicole lee) somewhere where i'll always see.. and a mental note is.. that's where i want to be..
smiles.gif

just me though..

Whenever I'm just having one of those days where I don't feel like working out, I always remind myself that I've never regretted going to the gym, but I've always regretted it when I don't go.

Meisje

It helps to read about health and what can happen to your body if you don't take care of it, and how great your life can be if you do.

Weight is incidental for me, it's health and strength that I care about.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by portrait_artist
Whenever I'm just having one of those days where I don't feel like working out, I always remind myself that I've never regretted going to the gym, but I've always regretted it when I don't go.

So true!
smiles.gif
I always feel so much better after I workout even though some days I really don't want to.

tropical_smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtn
smiles.gif
winks.gif
yahoo.gif

lol I do the same but I load my ipod with sex and the city clips!!!

greengoesmoo

I load my MP3 thingie with the darkest roughest Dubstep imaginable.
Set the machine for slaughtering uphill jogging.
Shut my eyes and imagine hoardes upon hoardes of flesh hungry, grasping and grabbing, half rotted zombies. They are coming out from behind corners, under cars.... Must keep going...

It helps if you allow yourself to drop totally into the "holy shit, stop and I die" mindset..

Works for me anyways... It's like having a personal horror film which you can always survive.
greengrin.gif

For weights/stomach crunches I get myself REAL worked up and angry to push another 10, because I find the angrier I get the harder I will try at something.

mizuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengoesmoo
I load my MP3 thingie with the darkest roughest Dubstep imaginable.
Set the machine for slaughtering uphill jogging.
Shut my eyes and imagine hoardes upon hoardes of flesh hungry, grasping and grabbing, half rotted zombies. They are coming out from behind corners, under cars.... Must keep going...

It helps if you allow yourself to drop totally into the "holy shit, stop and I die" mindset..

Works for me anyways... It's like having a personal horror film which you can always survive.
greengrin.gif

For weights/stomach crunches I get myself REAL worked up and angry to push another 10, because I find the angrier I get the harder I will try at something.

DAYUMM!! That sounds intense! Must be very scary
nope.gif

MizzMelroseMood

Treat urself to some cute workout clothes and a cute pair of workout sneakers. lol If I feel good b4 I even start working out I always go longer and try harder, new clothes and shoes always makes me happier.
smiles.gif
A good mix of ur fav songs on ur ipod is nice too, even if their slow songs, anything that brings back good memories will help motivate u. I also love wearing a grapefruit body mist because the scent really helps energize u and wake u up. Just try to make it fun and not a gloomy thing that u have to do.

bubbleheart

Motivation is a pretty personal thing. Im motivated to work out by past failures, the image of myself in a bikini lol - or rather my desired image of myself in a bikini, and by knowing that I want to be an active person - I want people to see me and automatically think 'oh she must be really outdoorsy and active' - not quite there yet I dont think but those thoughts keep me going.

Nieriel

I used to be a very active athlete but not so long ago I stopped doing sports, started doing some emo crap eating and reached a point in my weight I never thought I would see. I hated myself for doing that to my body, I felt horrible and my health suffered. It took me a while but I got everything under control. My biggest motivation is to never go back to that horrible dark place again. The healthier I eat and the more I excercise I have more energy and feel a lot more relaxed and positive about life
smiles.gif

p.s. feeling good about all those cute outfits you can wear really works
greengrin.gif

tropical_smiles

For the first time today, I tried the "Couch to 5K" application on my iTouch. So today I did 60 seconds jog and 90 second walk intervals for 30 minutes so session 1. Lots more to go but definately going to keep you girls on the loop to my success.

Latest posts