Best Nail Strengthener?

danabanayna

smiles.gif
Mods...please forgive me if this is in the wrong place....

My mom would like to take off her acrylic nails after having them on for several years. She knows that I frequent Specktra and asked me to ask you lovely ladies (and a few gentleman) what the best nail strengthener is to repair her nails. Any advice is appreciated. TIA!!!!

MiCHiE

Different things work for different people. OPI's Nail Envy is good. I also like Nailtiques Formula #2. Most of all, she wants to use anything that's for soft and/or peeling nails until the portion of her nail that was covered grows out.

Iridescence

Hey!!! I am the worst at biting my nails and messing around with them. I had done acrylics once and afterwards I found my nails were really thin. If you are looking for something thats wicked and isnt that expensice try sally hansens nail hardener and grow! Its amaaaazzzing! I never bite them because its basically impossible to! and they grow so damn fast its annoying how much I have to file my nails down! hehe!

Selene

I would recommend Nailtiques Formula 2. I use it and it works wonderfully. I have used up so many bottles of it! It is the only thing I have tried that keeps my nail from breaking.

lara

Go with a combo of OPI nail Envy (sensitive & peeling) and OPI ridge filler.
smiles.gif

User67

I also suggest OPI Nail Envy, I wore acrylics for many years & by the time I decided I didn't want to wear them anymore, my nails were in BAD shape. I used Nail Envy & was amazed at how my nails looked after several weeks. I highly reccomend it.