Best Navy eyeshadow for WOC

RedRibbon

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a navy eyeshadow as I have been wearing the hell out of my current one (the navy in the Sleek Original palette) and it has touched pan and is nearly finished.

Which ones do you suggest?

I would like it to be matte as I think the one from the Sleek palette is but it can have a slight shimmer to it, it will be going on the crease and along the lower lashline.

If anyone has used a navy from MAC/Bobbi Brown, can you please tell me the shade name as I really like BB stuff and I want to try some new MAC things.

Info about any other brands is welcome too!

thank you!! xx

HeavenLeiBlu

For a matte, NARS China Blue is a clear winner, and as a close runner up for less than 1/10 of the price ( yes, you read that right, 90% cheaper in other words), there's Navy from Beauties Factory. They are not the same color, though. China Blue is a darker and can lean towards black depending on what it's being used with, and can tend towards being chalky. BF's Navy is more of a true navy, with a creamier texture. The only downside is waiting for it to arrive from China, which at the longest for me, has hovered around the 4 week mark.The average is around 3 weeks unless you get express shipping, which I never do, because I'm cheap that way.

Twinkle_Twinkle

For a matte, NARS China Blue is a clear winner, and as a close runner up for less than 1/10 of the price ( yes, you read that right, 90% cheaper in other words), there's Navy from Beauties Factory. They are not the same color, though. China Blue is a darker and can lean towards black depending on what it's being used with, and can tend towards being chalky. BF's Navy is more of a true navy, with a creamier texture. The only downside is waiting for it to arrive from China, which at the longest for me, has hovered around the 4 week mark.The average is around 3 weeks unless you get express shipping, which I never do, because I'm cheap that way.

YES! I was just coming in here to say that. China Blue is the bomb. I purchase NARS eye shadows sparingly because they are expensive, but I had to have it. You can't get it at Sephora though. I've never ordered through the NARS website, but if it is slow like HeavenLeiBlu says then maybe you could order through the Bloomingdales website instead. Stila Indigo is another good one. More blue and less black than China Blue. From MAC you could try Nehru and/or Prussian. I don't have either, I have Blue Noir which was d/c'd a somewhat similar Nehru, except that Nehru is blacker, closer to black than navy really.

If you are really on a budget, I would try some Ben Nye shades. They are cheap and good and come in a wide variety of colors, and for basic matte shades like plum, navy, ochre, and dark brown (basically, not unique, got to have this one shades) they are a great option.

HeavenLeiBlu

Oops, let me clarify! I meant that the Navy eyeshadow from Beauties Factory may take a while to arrive.

I usually order my NARS products from beauty.com (when I have drugstore dollars to use from drugstore.com, LOL) and it only takes about a week. If I can't wait, I just go to Nordies or order from them online and pick-up in-store.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Oops, let me clarify! I meant that the Navy eyeshadow from Beauties Factory may take a while to arrive.

I usually order my NARS products from beauty.com (when I have drugstore dollars to use from drugstore.com, LOL) and it only takes about a week. If I can't wait, I just go to Nordies or order from them online and pick-up in-store.
Ohhh gotcha. I guess saw China and thought you were referring to the eye shadow and not the country shipping the other product. I should probably take a nap.

Off Topic: HeavenLeiBlu, which MAC location do you usually frequent? I'm from Atlanta too.

HeavenLeiBlu

Off Topic: HeavenLeiBlu, which MAC location do you usually frequent? I'm from Atlanta too.

I prefer to hit up the freestanding store in Perimeter, but as of this last quarter, I've been tryiing to rack up points on my cards to cash in for shopping passes at Macy's and Dillards, so I've been going to Macy's Lenox and Dillards Atlantic Station. ( As an aside, I have some pointed reviews in the queue for both those counters that I need to go on and get written up; the customer service is lacking and now that I've gotten the points/shopping days I was after, I'm pretty much over them). I also go to Perimeter and Phipps Nordies when they have an exclusive I want. I need to go more often and earn some Nordstrom Notes, LOL

What about you?

sss215

Try looking for NARS's China Blue at Beauty.com as well. Its not on the Sephora site and I've never seen it in the Sephora store. Nordstroms, and Saks have it. I am a navy shadow collector and I love them. You can also try Make up forever #60, a deep matte navy blue with a bit of green in it like MAC's plummage, but bluer. MUFE #81 is a deep navy too, with some shimmer.

RedRibbon

Thanks for your help everyone, I'm in England so hopefully my local NARS counter has it!

If not I will get the MAC one, I'm also liking the look of Nehru.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I prefer to hit up the freestanding store in Perimeter, but as of this last quarter, I've been tryiing to rack up points on my cards to cash in for shopping passes at Macy's and Dillards, so I've been going to Macy's Lenox and Dillards Atlantic Station. ( As an aside, I have some pointed reviews in the queue for both those counters that I need to go on and get written up; the customer service is lacking and now that I've gotten the points/shopping days I was after, I'm pretty much over them). I also go to Perimeter and Phipps Nordies when they have an exclusive I want. I need to go more often and earn some Nordstrom Notes, LOL

What about you?
I almost always go to counter at Bloomies, Lenox. Before that I went to the counter at the Belk at Phipps, but that counter has closed. I really don't like the people at the Perimeter store to be honest. I only go there for exclusives and Back2 MAC. They are sometimes rude, but generally lack luster. I do like Niema (sp: black girl with locks) at Perimeter, she used to be at the Belk MAC. And I do my best to avoid the Macy's counters at Lenox. They are really busy, and maybe that is why the customer service is so poor there. Plus they run out of stuff quickly. The Bloomingdales is a lot slower so I can chat with the MA's and don't feel rushed. I wish I had a Nordstrom card because I would shop there instead; racking up points at Nordstrom is more useful than at Bloomingdales, lol.

Sexy Sadie

I thiink you should try Tigi Cosmetics mono eye shadow in Navy. Big and superpigmented, and no problem depotting it, if that is what you want.

couturesista

Another vote for China Blue Mac's Contrast is another pretty navy blue

SN- Plumage looks to be more blue/greenish than navy at least on me anyway
shrugs.gif

sss215

Nars Night Flight is an option with shimmer as well. the color is black, but the shimmer is colbalt blue. looks navy to me.

Curly1908

I pair it with an apricot highlight, neutral blush, and a pink lip. I gets tons of compliments (even from girls who don't wear makeup).

Latest posts