Best Permanent Red Hair Dye

mary42

will feria loreal power reds work on my dark hair . I have thick curly hair and its been coloured different shades of reds and browns . Any advice suggestions would be appreciated . I am contemplating between ruby rush feria or one of the garner ultras. excuse my spelling mistakes..

shellygrrl

Staff member
If you want the red to show up, you'll need to bleach it first, and that is something I believe should be left to the pros unless you absolutely know what you're doing.

Quirke333

RED is my favorite hair color. since my hair is 2 feet long, i only dye it twice a year. there is a math equation. u plug in the measured length of your hair and calculate. the answer is the number of times per year you can dye your hair without causing damage from the permanent dye. of course u can damage your hair with other products-hair spray,gels,.... actions-drying,curling,straightening.... and environment- living in too dry desert, salt-air,... seems like everyone is dying hair red these days. been dying mine various reds for about 6 yrs.
u wanted best reds to check out. my favs are
1. Vidal Sassoon-Merlot Vibrant Red
2. Loreal Paris Feria- MANY great RED shades, try these- Ruby Rush, Ruby Fusion, Crushed Garnet, Chocolate Cherry, Cardinal, Brilliant Bordeaux, Red Velvet, Blowout Burgundy.
3. Natural Instincts- Malaysian Cherry.
there are 2 other brands i want to try but, havn't yet. A. Dark&Lovely spicey Red, and Creme of Nature intense red. both of those are for African Am. hair but, i'm thinking that b-cuz of that, my finer,less-textured hair would work better. they both would probably condition more, maybe last longer? plus the creme of nature one has organic ingredients. we have very little $ and i only dye every 6mo. apr+oct. I find many reds on clearance $4 max. good reds in $1 Tree. $1 each. those are the only ones i need 2 boxes of to dye so $2 total. all other brands i use 1 box. i would use any of the Feria REDS again. check out the shades in person at the store. here in N.AZ. Safeway+Walmart have many of the reds.

if u use hair gel, i highly recommend using Fruit of the Earth Clear, 100% Aloe gel. it improves ur hair as it holds and washes out easily.

dyingforyou

for my red i typically use manic panic rock'n'roll red because it gives me the bright ass red i want but this last time i wanted something a little more permanent so i used the l'oreal excellence hicolor in red hot (the black packaging). it actually came out a lot darker than i thought it was going to (see display pic!) but i actually really liked it so i left it. i've also used the same l'oreal brand/name but in the orange packaging, but i like the black one better. when i first went red, i used joico and that stuff STAYS. i used the joico scarlet and crimson colors, i don't remember the numbers, but they are beautiful! i refuse to ever use box dyes again.

Latest posts