best powder for not that oily skin?

purplkaret

i actually have kinda dry skin. it's just that during the summer i get a little bit shiny so I'm looking for something for over my foundation that wont dry out my skin and has a very fine consistency.. I'm considering nars pressed powder or.. mac mineralize skin finish but I'm open to suggestions! what do u guys think?
hmm.gif

blindpassion

I have dry skin in the winter as well, but in the summer it gets oily!
ssad.gif

I use MAC blot pressed powder,
smiles.gif
it's a powder that comes in a compact and you can apply it with a large powder brush, and it goes onto your skin and disappears, it's colorless. It gets rid of the excess oil on your face and doesn't dry out my skin, it's very gentle.

Recommend it to anyone who is looking for a light powder to get rid of oil that is colorless.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy
blotting papers are godsent in the summer :-D

The truth. And I prefer blotting sheets to powder, powder has a tendency to turn foundation too light, white, or ashy, or just be an extra layer of something you don't need on your face.

I sound like a broken record, but the Prescriptives pressed powders are great. Virtual Skin was wonderful, but they replaced it with Flawless Skin which is what I would recommend. There is also the Custom Blend option, that way you can make sure that you are getting a powder that matches all of your particular needs. Bobbi Brown also makes great powders that are very light and sheer, so great for summer. If you are trying to stay in the MAC range of products then I say go for the Natural MSF, I like mine (although not as much as everyone else seems to like theirs), and it's nice and light for summer.